Masquerade Madness

Alexander's POV

Jacob's wife was a lovely young woman he affectionately called Sandy. She adored Cassidy and I, claiming we made such a perfect couple. I agree wholeheartedly. Cass is perfect for me I thought, fingering the small band in my pocket. He already smelled like mine to other supernatural creatures and all that was left to do was to make it official in six more months.

Our outfits for the masquerade were chosen, courtesy of Sandy. Mine was a dark grey suit and a black mask with swirls on the sides. Cassidy's was a forest green suit with a darker green mask. Anyone would automatically assume we were a couple, not that we weren't. Just that our suits made it obvious.

The party had begun by the time we got there. The dance floor was already full of people. Many were not human. I sniffed out a few elfin and seraphs and a couple of incubi. People at parties tended to be the perfect prey for incubi, but considering I had yet to properly claim Cassidy as my mate, it would be safer to keep them apart. I grimaced inwardly, incubi were dangerous, I'd have to keep a look out for the them.

I pulled Cassidy onto the dance floor and twirled him around to the beat. He kept treading on my toes but it's okay, he was really adorable when apologized breathlessly, cheeks all flushed. I couldn't resist kissing him. Nipping at his lips, slipping my tongue between them when he gasped into the kiss.

I kissed him until we were flushed and panting. We stopped at a corner to catch out breaths and get a drink. I told Cassidy to stay there while I went to get us drinks. He nodded and pressed a sweet kiss to my lips. I love him so much.

At the makeshift bar, I grabbed two tankards of ale and made my way back to Cass.

He wasn't there.

My heart beat picked up. I pushed the tankards into some random stranger's hands and tried to sniff out Cassidy's honeyed apple scent. I whined at the smell of distress and arousal in his trail. I frowned, these two scents didn't go together. Unless... I sniffed again. My breath caught in my throat.

Incubus.