Rokujuuni-Zoo date with a Gardener

[Third]

"So it's a date?" The younger one asked.

"Yes." The older replied.

That day (M/N) decided to not care and wear the long strawberry dress Nanami gave him. They were going to a see the animals at a zoo together so why not? He felt pretty and as Kugisaki said, it matters how you feel and no one's opinions matter. He left pretty early to meet up with Nanami. Nanami was also dressed rather casually that day. A light tanned jacket, a shirt and some slacks. His watch made him stand out though. Nanami was rather stunned to see (M/N) actually wearing the dress. It looked very good on him. Too good.

Unfortunately and fortunately for Nanami, it didn't show off the chest area since (M/N) wore a singlet under it. The two went to the zoo on a Sunday so it would be better than Saturday. There were definitely a lot less people since it wasn't a holiday. When they arrived, (M/N) offered to pay for his own ticket but Nanami rejected the option, stating he invited (M/N). Even though (M/N) may look dead on the outside as usual, Nanami could tell he was slightly excited. He could tell by the way (M/N) was constantly moving his shoes. Nanami decided it was best to ensure they didn't get lost so he took a map.

"What do you want to see first?" Nanami asked.

"What is there?" (M/N) said who was clueless.

"The east area has California sea lions, bears, giant pandas, otters, sacred ibises and more. The west has lemurs, geckos, saltwater crocodiles, giraffes and things like that." Nanami explained.

Nanami noticed the slight fidgeting hand.

"L-lemurs? Ibises? Sea lions? We can see them all, right?" (M/N) asked, almost pleading.

Nanami nodded, noticing (M/N)'s lips curl slightly.

"East please." (M/N) hummed.

Nodding, Nanami agreed to it without a doubt. He realised that (M/N) probably doesn't know most of these animals which is why he did have that glimpse of childhood excitement in his eyes that were innocent. It left Nanami stunned because he didn't know it was possible for (M/N) to still have that look despite his usual face. He also noticed (M/N) going in the completely wrong direction so he had to explain the directions to the younger one. Thanks to Nanami, (M/N) didn't get lost since he never learned his directions.

Nanami honestly thought he was witnessing a miracle with (M/N). He just couldn't get over the way (M/N) would try to say the names but only to end up huffing with a straight face. They went from place to place and slowly Nanami heard a gasp as (M/N) watched the Emu's. He took a few pictures of (M/N) since he might not see (M/N) again like that. It was like a rare pokemon.

That slight fondness only grew when they reached an area where visitors were allowed to go in and put the rabbits. It's like the rabbits knew (M/N) so well since they actually came up to him and jumped into his lap. (M/N) was very stiff initially. He had held a bunny before but that was a natural spirit, it couldn't be truly hurt by (M/N) but these bunnies in his lap were alive and cutely looking at him, rubbing their faces in (M/N)'s hands. Their faces were small in comparison, exaggerating the cuteness.

"What's wrong, (M/N)?" Nanami questioned while he had two bunnies in his lap.

"Cute... it's okay to touch them right? They won't get hurt right?" (M/N) asked the staff.

"Yes, sometimes they can die from being scared to badly but please don't freak out. Just carefully and softly touch their heads."

The person instructed, demonstrating for (M/N) before leaving to help some of the children. (M/N) eventually started petting the rabbits before pulling out his own phone and making sure the flash was off before taking pictures of Nanami holding some carrot treats to feed the rabbits. Even (M/N) was mildly surprised at how relaxed Nanami was. When Nanami later met his eyes, he apologised abruptly before telling Nanami he looked really handsome and relaxed, catching the other off guard.