Chapter 73: It Was Not Worth It

The Summer Solstice Update has been released as I told my Discord followers. For those interested in voting on what books of mine get updated, the link to the discord is on my information page along with a link to my alt. account on Archiveofourown that has books that haven't been published in Wattpad!

I do not own Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

There was something in the air and it seemed as if only Harry could feel it. A type of heaviness that Harry has long since known was associated with heavy rain, supernatural rain.

A type of rain that could only be summoned by only a few people, Poseidon, Triton, or his father. At least, they were the usual culprits when the air felt as dense and cloudy as it seemed.

It was as if the clouds outside his dorm didn't get the memo that they were supposed to be white and fluffy, appearing easily against the bright blue sky. These clouds were charcoal black, looming over the castle, ready to bring its wraith in seconds. Blocking any hint of the sky behind them.

Harry knew they were related to his father's side of the family because like Camp Half-Blood, Hogwarts had its own ward system that was only allowed certain weather. Yes, sometimes that included rain, but never the type of storm that was threatening them above. Supposedly the same type of weather that stormed the castle the last time his father made an appearance when he was in his first year.

"Harry?" A confused voice asked on the opposite side of the room.

"Go back to sleep, Neville," Harry said quietly as Eclipse's tail flickered against Harry's ear, his black cat was lying across his shoulders as Lunar, his familiar dragon, and Regina, his familiar Basilisk, was stretched across his bed with his Niffler Arya curled between them. They were all sleeping, something Harry couldn't bring himself to do, his magic tense inside him and burning for release.

"You sure?" Neville's groggy voice questioned as he propped himself upon his bed, his dirty blonde hair falling into his face briefly.

"Yeah," Harry quietly told his roommate who just shrugged and seemed to give up on holding himself up. The bed made some type of poof sound as Neville's body was folded back into his mattress.

Stealthily, Harry moved Eclipse off his shoulder, the cat blinking at him with a small glare from being dislodged, but curled on his pillow. Harry ran his finger down Lunar and Regina's backs, both of them stretching and letting out a purr and hiss respectively.

Seemingly to read his intent, his two familiars slowly melted into each of his hands and moved across his arms, settling on their respective place on his back and chest. With his familiars connected to him once more, his magic felt even more restless so Harry quickly shoved his socked feet into their shoes and was about to head out before seeing Arya watching him with her golden eyes.

Looking between his bed and Arya, he quietly moved back and let her crawl up his arm and settle on his shoulder, her balance somehow even better than a cat's. Leaving Neville to sleep, Harry made his way out of the dorm and through the backdoor of the Hufflepuff's common room, a barrel that was only one-way until you put in a specific combination.

Harry didn't know if either the portrait of Helga Hufflepuff or Madam Sprout knew about the backdoor, but the students certainly did and generally just used it to sneak into the kitchens for a late-night snack.

He wasn't using it for that purpose though as Harry snuck past one of the patrolling ghosts who inhabited the castle during the time the sun was creeping over the horizon. With Finch and the other teachers sleeping during this time, it was up to the ghosts and portraits to catch any students still awake and report them.