Chapter 62: The Mad Couch...I Mean Mr.Crouch

I do not own Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

Harry was set on ignoring the papers that were proclaiming that Luna has been his steady girlfriend at Hogwarts but seems to be toying with boys affections because Viktor Krum was openly smitten with her.

Honestly, at this point, Harry hoped she fall into a volcano and die, he was tired of her lies. Luna was starting to get hate-mail and was retreating back into herself once more.

Harry felt most angry about that, to be perfectly honest. He and his friends worked hard on bringing her out of her shell, making sure she knew that she could be herself with him. Now that hard works seemed to be coming undone with each hate letter she receives regarding both Harry and Viktor.

Yes, Luna and Viktor were somewhat dating, they were playing around the edges, seeing if the would make a good couple, but they haven't actually given their friendship-relationship a name yet.

There wasn't any pressure to either.

Harry left the Greenhouse with Neville and made their way to Care of Magical Creatures.

Pansy Parkinson was whispering and giggling behind them with her gang of Slytherin girls. Catching sight of Harry, Pansy called, "Potter, have you split up with your girlfriend? Why was she so upset at breakfast?"

Harry ignored her; he didn't want to give her the satisfaction of knowing how much trouble the Witch Weekly article had caused. Hagrid, who had told them last lesson that they had finished with unicorns, was waiting for them outside his cabin with a fresh supply of open crates at his feet. 

Harry's heart sank at the sight of the crates — surely not another skrewt hatching? — but when he got near enough to see inside, he found himself looking at a number of fluffy black creatures with long snouts. Their front paws were curiously flat, like spades, and they were blinking up at the class, looking politely puzzled at all the attention.

"These're nifflers," said Hagrid, when the class had gathered around. "Yeh find 'em down mines mostly. They like sparkly stuff. . . . There yeh go, look."

One of the nifflers, the only white Niffler in the group, had suddenly leapt up and attempted to bite Pansy Parkinson's watch off her wrist. She shrieked and jumped backward.

"Useful little treasure detectors," said Hagrid happily. "Thought we'd have some fun with 'em today. See over there?" He pointed at the large patch of freshly turned earth Harry had watched him digging from the Owlery window. "I've buried some gold coins. I've got a prize fer whoever picks the niffler that digs up most. Jus' take off all yer valuables, an' choose a niffler, an' get ready ter set 'em loose."

Harry took off his watch and stuffed it into his pocket. Then he picked up the Niffler that tried to bite Pansy. It put its long snout in Harry's ear and sniffed enthusiastically. It was really quite cuddly.(- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Page 542-543)

"Hello, love," Harry said softly as he pet the Niffler softly and felt melt in his arms, content. "My name is Harry," he spoke softly.

The Niffler moved from his hand and reached for his pocket where he had just put his watch. "You can't have that," Harry said softly as he gently moved the hand away from his pocket before pushing his magic toward the object to have a tracking charm on it. "But, I have a Gallon if you want it. You can keep it," Harry said as he got one of the wizardry money out of his pocket and made sure the white Niffler was the only one to see it.