Chapter 58: Harry's Next Duel in Dueling Tournament

Note: I would like to give a small apology to those who tried to do math during the guess game. I forgot to mention that Wattpad has a line spacing affect and it does affect the page amount. There's a custom spacing of 1.89 and an added space after a paragraph. Right now, before this chapter, there are 655 pages total in my Google Doc. Without the spacing and no formatting, my pages actually go down to 152 so Wattpad makes Google Docs complicated is what you should take out of this. Congrats to those who were close whether by guessing or trying to do math.

I do not own Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

Bulgarian

Harry ate his light breakfast before following Neville out of the Great Hall and toward the Dueling Tournament. Since his first duel, he had dueled two other people before, both being from Hogwarts and one being a second year while the other a seventh. He had taken care of them quickly, and made sure the second year Ravenclaw didn't harm herself while trying to duel him.

The Gryffindor seventh year was a bit more difficult, but Harry eventually did take care of him. Most of the knowledge he had on dueling, mostly from Flitwick, weren't in the curriculum that Hogwarts offered but is taught in Dueling Mastery and in textbooks that you had to read to find out.

Now came his next duel, a sixteen year old female Durmstrang student that had a long legs built for running and something she seemed to do each day, black glasses that seemed to have some sort of enchantment that Harry didn't quite know, dirty blond hair that was in a bun with two stick things holding it in place and had pale skin. In all honesty, Harry was most wary about this duel than his previous ones.

Not only was she able to watch his previous duels, but he hadn't been able to watch any of his in preparation to the Triwizard Tournament and practicing his Patronus charm to get multiple patronus'. He had no idea what her dueling style was like while she probably knew his, it didn't give him much confidence but he knew he would try his best. There was also the fact his magical core wasn't fully saturated with magic. Combined with the powerful magical he used roughly a week ago for the first task, he had versed the Gryffindor nearly two days ago. His magical core was roughly half full, and hopefully enough for this duel

The only thing really making him less nervous was the fact that each contestant had two lives. Seeing as Harry hasn't lost one yet, even if he did lose this duel, he still had a chance at winning.

Taking a deep breath and handing the illusioned Regina and Lunar to Neville to watch over, Harry climbed the stage for the dueling tournament and went to his corner.

Taking another breath, he charmed his glasses to be unbreaking before sticking them to his face. It wasn't against the rules, which Harry was thankful of, but he was hoping she wouldn't try to transfigure them, then he wouldn't be able to really see.

Thinking about it more, he should probably talk to his father more about getting contacts, then there's less likely for a spell to hit them and he wouldn't have to worry about them constantly falling off his face.

Calming his sudden nerves, he watched as a sixteen year old jumped on the stage before going to her corner.

"Are the duelers ready?" Dumbledore asked from the side of the stage. He learned from the schools second duel (between Angelina Johnson and a boy from Durmstrang) that standing on the stage was a bad idea when a stray curse nearly hit him before he did a Protego.

Harry nodded and saw the other girl nod. Bowing softly to each other in respect, the duel was ready.

"Porcini Magus," the female said the curse that would've turned harry into a big if he hadn't rolled to the left.