Chapter 53: The Other Schools

I do not own Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

Horse Speak

After their first class with Moody, Harry really didn't know what to think of the Professor. Admittedly, he really wanted to self-study for the class, but then he was learning from an ex-auror that would have countless knowledge on the subject and would probably help him more than self-study.

He wasn't the first two professors he had, and while he was happy the lower years didn't have to go through it (as he was their Professor), Harry still felt torn between two evils.

In the end, he figured he could always self-study another year or later that year if Moody did turn out to be a bad professor. He's only had the main lesson to really bias the man, so Harry would go for the next few weeks to really figure out if the man was a good professor or not.

Which was why he was slightly happy about the forewarning for their next class that Professor Moody would put them under the Imperius curse, it made him strengthen his Occlumency shields, then helped Neville with the ones he started to develop over the summer with his grandma.

"But — but you said it's illegal, Professor," said Hannah uncertainly as Moody cleared away the desks with a sweep of his wand, leaving a large clear space in the middle of the room. "You said — to use it against another human was —"

"Dumbledore wants you taught what it feels like," said Moody, his magical eye swiveling onto Hannah and fixing her with an eerie, unblinking stare. "If you'd rather learn the hard way — when someone's putting it on you so they can control you completely — fine by me. You're excused. Off you go."(- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Page 230)

No one made a move to leave.

He watched as classmate after classmate went. The Hufflepuffs didn't do as well as the Sltherins, who it seemed only took maybe a minute under the spell before they were able to semi-shake it, another minute and then they fully shook it.

Harry noted that the only Hufflepuffs of this year that could throw it off was Susan Bones. Neville was able to shake it half-way under a minute, the fastest so far as Susan took the full minute like the Slytherin Students, but in the end, he half-way committed to most tasks.

Then it was Harry's turn, and he felt the bundle of nerves settle in his stomach, making him feel slightly nauseous.

As soon as Moody raised his wand and muttered the words, Harry felt a presence in the front of his mind.

It was whispering to him, but his Occlumency shields made it difficult to really understand what was being whispered to him.

Moody narrowed his eyes at Harry, and Harry instantly felt the words become more forceful. He had a headache, he noted as he reached up to rub his forehead, but his own natural shields had strengthened when the magic cast upon him had strengthened.

Moody finally lowered his wand, his eyes still slightly narrowed and his magic-eye seeming to look Harry up and down. "Potter, you're not affected at all are you?"

"No sir, I'm have natural Occlumency shields. Do they stop the Imperius Curse?" Harry asked as his cheeks reddened.

He noted the astonished looks on his classmates faces and felt his blush deepened. He thought perhaps the Imperius Curse would go straight through his shields, apparently he was wrong.

"Yes, Potter, the Imperius Curse can't be cast upon those with natural Occlumency shields. Next person come forth!" Moody barked as Harry walked to Neville and Draco.