Chapter 24: The Talk with Dumbledore

Note: This is a serious chapter and after this the Dumbledore-Bashing Sign is really not needed. This is his sort of redemption chapter that will affect the story for later books and who the Bad Guy really is.

I do not own Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Underlines - Quotes from the book

After Harry's demonstration against Lockhart, suddenly there were rumors going around Hogwarts that he was the one that was attacking students and petrifying them.

Harry just shook his head at the sheep that were at Hogwarts. He had hoped he had gotten away from them from the mortal world, but it seemed that in a close cult that was the wizardry world it was actually worse.

Instead of stopping and taking selfies in front of fires and people's loss, whether that's a house on fire or a very destructive car crash, like is common in the mortal world; the wizardly world seems to be fond of gossip and drawing conclusions that weren't related.

Apparently, because he could defeat Voldemort as a child, and as a twelve year old beat Lockhart, he was the next Dark Lord of their generation.

For Hades Sake he was twelve! Ah yes; of course, all his thought processes were centered toward world domination and that would start with showing off his abilities and outing just how talented he was.

Gods they would suck as any sort of Lord. First rule of business, keep secrets to yourself and your close nit group that if they betray you, you can kill.

Honestly, Rule 1 in world domination. Amateurs.

Harry threw the newspaper down done by Daily Prophet that showed interviews of Gryffindors and few Ravenclaws that were present when he dueled Lockhart.

Thankfully, it seems Slytherin and Hufflepuff were on his side, apparently loyalty really was strong when it came to Hufflepuffs and Slytherins kinda just followed Draco, Daphne, Theo, and Blaise when they glared at anyone daring to say something about Harry being Dark.

So when the next attack occur, a year mate of his, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Harry knew it would come back to bite him in the arse.

Shaking his head, Harry reluctantly followed Sprout toward the Headmaster's office, apparently having been called down.

'Like this is going to help the rumors spreading,' Harry thought.

They stepped off the stone staircase at the top, and Professor Sprout rapped on the door. It opened silently and they entered. Professor Sprout told Harry to wait and left him there, alone. He figured she was heading back to check on Justin and talk to the house about the loss.

Harry looked around. One thing was certain: of all the teachers' offices Harry had visited so far this year, Dumbledore's was by far the most interesting. If he hadn't been scared out of his wits that he was about to be thrown out of school, he would have been very pleased to have a chance to look around it.

It was a large and beautiful circular room, full of funny little noises. A number of curious silver instruments stood on spindle-legged tables, whirring and emitting little puffs of smoke. The walls were covered with portraits of old headmasters and headmistresses, all of whom were snoozing gently in their frames. There was also an enormous, clawfoot desk, and, sitting on a shelf behind it, a shabby, tattered wizard's hat — the Sorting Hat.

Then a strange, gagging noise behind him made him wheel around. He wasn't alone after all. Standing on a golden perch behind the door was a decrepit-looking bird that resembled a half-plucked turkey. Harry stared at it and the bird looked balefully back, making its gagging noise again. Harry thought it looked very ill. Its eyes were dull and, even as Harry watched, a couple more feathers fell out of its tail. (- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Page 205-206)