Chapter 40: Christmas

I do not own Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

After the second encounter with the Dementors, Harry was even more determined to create a Patronus. The problem was, that with classes edging toward Christmas holidays, there was homework after class nearly all the time so students didn't have to worry about too much homework over the holidays..

The work, combined with the Full Moon days, Harry had barely any time to work with Professor Lupin toward the practical part of learning a patronus.

Most of what they had been doing was making sure Harry understood the theory behind the patronus, so the two often debated with each other based upon books they read about the subject.

Harry didn't exactly mind it, because sometimes his professor knew more than the books, but he was also frustrated with the fact they weren't actually trying to do the charm yet.

Shaking his head to dislodge his wandering mind, Harry focused back on the present and got on the train for the winter holidays.

Their whole group was heading home for the holidays this year, unlike last where Draco, Blaise, and Daphne had stayed behind to learn more about the chamber and Basilisk.

The only thing different was the fact that Daphne had brought her little sister in their compartment.

Astoria Greengrass was like a carbon copy of Daphne when they were in their first years. Their grey eyes, border-line silver, was shining brightly in any lighting but hid their emotions.

Her dark brown hair was long and curly that went just below her shoulder blades like her sister. Harry knew that Astoria was the Ice Queen of her year, following in her sisters steps.

"So, what brings you to our chaotic compartment?" Harry asked with a smile as Astoria sat between Daphne and Blaise.

"My friends are staying at Hogwarts. It was either this or deal with the idiots from my year," Astoria said smoothly.

Harry felt amusement in him as she called her classmates idiots, but he wasn't too surprised.

He was teaching them after all, and he had to say that Astoria was probably the smartest in their year.

"Well, if you have any questions, you can ask any of us. We're generally beating our way to first spot for our year," Blaise joked as he relaxed in his seat.

"Who are you trying to beat?" Astoria asked curiously.

"This one here is always first. Smartest Wizard in our year while Daphne is smartest Witch. We just try and keep up with them, "Draco said with a smirk as Harry blushed lightly at the reminder.

For the past two years, Harry had beaten his classmates easily for the first place, even with his full schedule. In second place was generally between Daphne, Draco, or Hermione (to the brunettes frustration) while Neville, Blaise, and sometimes Theo close behind.

It wasn't surprising to see them at the top of their school's grade leaderboard that is posted in each common room and magically updated.

(Though, Harry thought maybe Hogwarts screwed with others at times, because he swears he sees his name toward the top of the year leaderboard for fourth and fifth years)

From their, their topics moved from school toward their planned holidays.

-------------------------