Chapter 37: The Werewolf

I do not own Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

"Are we going to Hogsmead?" Regina mentally asked as she stayed as a tattoo above his heart.

"Not this week," Harry said back to her as his mates started getting ready to leave for their first trip. He was the only one of his years that wasn't going but Harry didn't particularly mind.

He was just thankful that he was caught up on his homework. The only work he really had to do was for his Dueling Mastery with Professor Flitwick and his Healing Mastery with Pomfrey. And that was mostly practicing the spells that they had introduced his to last week.

Since the first day, it was now closer to Halloween and Percy had informed Harry that it seemed Snuffles had disappeared. While Harry was worried, he felt like the dog would eventually make his way home. And Percy would continue to look for the dog at shelters and around the forest.

He even had the pack look for the dog the first few weeks he disappeared on them, and made sure they had a picture of him just in case.

But with no friends and homework, and pretty much having already mastered the spells for his Mastery classes, Harry was bored.

He understood the threat of Sirius Black, but he was utterly bored and there was no one to really keep him company except his familiars. He would read, but he was waiting on a new shipment of books his father was going to send as he finished the Summer list ones and had already read through this years books.

Sighing, Harry sat up from his bed and started to walk the halls with Eclipse on his shoulders and Neptune and Uranus in his pocket hidden. Maybe if he grabbed Hedwig from the owlery they could make up a sort of game in the forest with Solar the Unicorn.

As he was walking along another corridor when a voice from inside one of the rooms said, "Harry?"

Harry doubled back to see who had spoken and met Professor Lupin, looking around his office door.

"What are you doing?" said Lupin. "Where are Draco and Neville?"

"Hogsmeade," said Harry, in a would-be casual voice. "Ah," said Lupin. He considered Harry for a moment. "Why don't you come in? I've just taken delivery of a grindylow for our next lesson."(- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Page 153)

Harry quickly perked up and followed the professor to his office that was right behind the man's teaching desk.

He followed Lupin into his office. In the corner stood a very large tank of water. A sickly green creature with sharp little horns had its face pressed against the glass, pulling faces and flexing its long, spindly fingers.

"It's a Water demon," said Lupin, surveying the grindylow thoughtfully. "We shouldn't have much difficulty with him, not after the kappas. The trick is to break his grip. You notice the abnormally long fingers? Strong, but very brittle." The grindylow bared its green teeth and then buried itself in a tangle of weeds in a corner.(- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Page 154)

Instead of following the Professor toward his desk, Harry crept toward the tank and gave the grindylow a small smile as he put his fingers above the water.

"I wouldn't do that!" The professor quickly said in worry and was about to pull Harry away from the water tank before freezing.

The grindylow had went back out of the tangle of weeds and was quickly nuzzling Harry's fingers. Harry, himself, had a smile dancing on his face as he quickly started to rub his fingers against the young grindylow's head.