Chapter 72: That's It, Dolores Umbridge is From Tartarus

I do not own Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

Harry was happy to wake up only to remember that he had class later today, more specifically, he had DADA with Umbridge.

He was seriously going to have to talk with McGonagall who had taken him aside before curfew with Professor Sprout and had told him that Umbridge wasn't going to be letting him teach the younger students like the previous years, much to everyone's dislike.

Instead, Harry was going to take the DADA mastery year and have a goal of creating two of his own spells and help the younger students as a side-project. McGonagall was even clearing out a specific room for him in the dungeons with Severus's agreement. Mostly because for a DADA mastery he needed an actual master for that, and since the beginning, Severus had been his own, they just hadn't really talked to one another more than the few times during the year Harry had to visit Severus about what he was teaching the younger students.

All of which combined made it clear to Harry that compared to other years, this one was probably going to suck the most.

This idea was reaffirmed when he entered DADA.

When they entered the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom they found Professor Umbridge already seated at the teacher's desk, wearing the fluffy pink cardigan of the night before and the black velvet bow on top of her head. Harry was again reminded forcibly of a large fly perched unwisely on top of an even larger toad.

Then she started talking.

"Well now, your teaching in this subject has been rather disrupted and fragmented, hasn't it?" stated Professor Umbridge, turning to face the class with her hands clasped neatly in front of her. "The constant changing of teachers, many of whom do not seem to have followed any Ministry-approved curriculum, has unfortunately resulted in your being far below the standard we would expect to see in your O.W.L. year.

"You will be pleased to know, however, that these problems are now to be rectified. We will be following a carefully structured, theory-centered, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic this year. Copy down the following, please."

Course aims:
1.Understanding the principles underlying defensive magic.
2.Learning to recognize situations in which defensive magic can legally be used.
3.Placing the use of defensive magic in a context for practical use. 
(- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Page 238-240)

Harry wanted to slam his head down on the table as he read over the course aims. His father might not be the brightest in the world, but he certainly knew certain manipulations and how one words their sentences.

Plus, being friends with Draco and Daphne made Harry even more cautious about how people might say things.

Harry stared at his book for a few minutes, wondering if he actually wanted to read the damn thing in class or not, but he wasn't comfortable, and anyone who ever had to read anything in their life, knew comfort was something you needed if you were to really pay attention to any sort of text.

Well, that and Harry has already read the book front to back and had it memorized in his head ages ago.

So, he sighed under his breath, kept the book closed, and just crossed his arms over the thing and rested his head in it. Slightly hidden from his hands, he smiled as he stared at Umbridge who wasn't looking at the class.

It seemed people had caught onto what he was doing, because more and more as they got tired of trying to read the text, most of his classmates of Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, were staring between him and Hermione who had risen her hand.