Chapter 9: The New Years Party

I do not own the underlined passages, it's from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. That being said, I do not own Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Underlined - Quotes from the book

Harry's Christmas could be described as wonderful. Well that, and spoiled. Mostly because of how many gifts he had gotten.

Though, when he asked his dad why he always got so many gifts his dad just had a light blush, with his goofy smile and say, "Well, I have to make up on lost Christmas' don't I? Let me spoil you."

Harry just shook his head and started reading the books his friends and dad had given him. His favorite one, it was an advanced potion making one.

When his professor had come early along with Lucius, Draco, and Tom for their New Year's party, all he did was raise an eyebrow at Harry.

Who was so absorbed into his book that he didn't even notice they had guests or what day would mean. That was, until his father had took the book out of his hands and put a bookmark in it.

"Read later after the party if you so desire, but do greet out guests properly," Percy told his son slightly sternly.

Harry jumped at seeing his friend and grinned at them while blushing lightly. "Did you understand what you were reading, Mr.Jackson?" the potion master asked.

Harry, still lightly blushing, nodded while his eyes sparkled with glee. "I understand it all, it's why dad had gotten the book for me. If you don't mind though, I kinda want to pick your brain on a few of the things," Harry said hesitantly.

"I believe we can arrange sometime later for such discussion," Snape had replied taking in the sparkle in Harry's eyes that reminded him of Lily.

"Enough talk, show me the Pegasus," Draco practically demanded.

Grinning at his friend, he grabbed some of his robe before dragging him toward the back door. The other adults that were there were also curious and followed the children out of the house.

Percy, meanwhile, shook his head at his friends before picking Nagini up (after asking if that was alright) before setting her down on top of the bookshelf once more so she could soak in the heat.

"If you need anything, I'm sure Tommy or Harry can help you, if it's something simple I might also be but be warned, I do not speak snake." With that, Percy went to go fill out a few forms for his work about possibly having an animal transferred to their aquarium.

Harry had just dragged Draco over to Darling who seemed to be relishing in the attention and praise that Draco was giving her.

And while Draco pet her snout and neck, Harry ran his hand over her stomach lightly and felt magic tickle underneath his touch.

Pegasi were known as magical light creatures, they were the cousins of Unicorns, and Harry could feel the small Pegasus that should be born a few months before school ends move underneath his hand.

"What are you doing?" Tom had asked from the doorway as he saw Harry's serious expression as he ran his hand over her slightly large stomach.

"Feeling the foal," Harry replied as he shifted his hand and sent a small magical spike into the stomach.

His magic bounced back, almost like an echo for bats, and Harry understood that the foal was fine and was growing up fine. So far, there was nothing to worry about.

Darling snickered lightly as she felt the Grandson of Sea's magic. She knew he worried far too much. She moved the hand away from the other child to push Harry back away from her stomach while giving a small amused nicker.