Chapter 11: The Forest

I do not own the underlined passages, it's from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. That being said, I do not own Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Also, Lunar is not based upon Luna from HP but rather Eclipse as there are Solar Eclipse and then there are Lunar Eclipse and I felt Lunar would be much better name than Solar for said creature. You'll see what I mean in the first sentence of the story.

Underlined - Quotes from the book

Taking care of little Lunar was surprisingly easy, at least when she wasn't getting into the kitchens and eating some of the meat in there.

Though, Harry found that the House Elves in the Kitchens adored little Lunar (they were also the ones to inform Harry that Lunar was actually a girl, not a boy like they originally thought) and Harry could spot them a couple of times giving her pieces of meat.

That being said, the one time she did raid the kitchens, Professor McGonagall somehow found out and it was either Harry get detention for the mess that was left behind, or having Lunar discovered.

Harry chose having detention. Though, he did make sure Lunar was in his expanded inside pocket of his robes just to be safe (she was slowly growing too big for that though).

The days leading up to the detention, he mostly spent studying on his own and trying to teach Lunar some sort of manners.

She got a few. Mostly, eating when it's appropriate and not just savaging around. She also learned her name which Harry thought was awesome.

Though, Neville still was a bit freaked out sleeping with a dragon in their rooms, but she only sneezed fire on his bed once and that was quickly forgiven.

Harry could spot the teachers giving him a few odd looks every now and again. Everyone knew that Harry didn't cause the mess in the kitchens but he kept his mouth shut and they didn't have any actual evidence of who else it might've been (the House Elves were surprisingly silent about it too).

Which meant that Friday, eleven o'clock, Harry was led outside by an oddly silent Filch, and Mrs.Norris who kept rubbing against Harry's legs as he walked.

Harry walked toward Hagrid who seemed less happy with the arrangement, Harry heard the teachers arguing about the detention, because something was apparently attacking unicorns and they were worried about children going out at dark.

But it was the detention that most people have when it's their first. Usually instilling some sense of fear for rule-breaking.

Harry was a bit worried about the fact something was killing an animal under his fathers domain, and something that was very pure magic.

As Harry continued walking to Hagrid, he spotted Ron Weasley and Draco there. Both looking like they wanted to be somewhere else. That was, until Draco spotted Harry and gave him a small thumbs up with a shaky smile.

Filch left after telling Hagrid he'd be there around sunrise and then gave both Harry and Draco a 'be careful' look before leaving.

"Right then," said Hagrid, "now, listen carefully, 'cause it's dangerouswhat we're gonna do tonight, an' I don' want no one takin' risks. Followme over here a moment."(Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Page 250)

He led them to the very edge of the forest. Holding his lamp up high, hepointed down a narrow, winding earth track that disappeared into thethick black trees. A light breeze lifted their hair as they looked intothe forest. (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Page 250) 

"Look there," said Hagrid, "see that stuff shinin' on the ground?Silvery stuff? That's unicorn blood. There's a unicorn in there bin hurtbadly by summat. This is the second time in a week. I found one deadlast Wednesday. We're gonna try an' find the poor thing. We might haveter put it out of its misery." (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Page 250)