Chapter 14: The House Elf and Diagon

I do not own the underlined passages, it's from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. That being said, I do not own Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Underlined - Quotes from the book

Harry was trying to read the book on animagus he got last summer but his mind couldn't concentrate.

He was currently sitting in alcove in his room that had pillows and a small bookshelf above him that so far contained his current readings on them. But all his mind could think about was why he wasn't getting any mail from his friends over the whole summer.

It was weird, his friends got the letters he sent with Hedwig, and she could usually bring their letters back, but when they tried to send their own owls, he could never get letters back.

And that said, whenever Hedwig did return, she was fierce and aggravated, like something tried to take her but she would not allow it.

It was all so confusing, especially when he spots her trying to clean her ruffled feathers whenever she gets back, like something had grabbed her without her permission and tried to wrestle with her.

The only reason he knew all this was because his father was alright with Hedwig coming and going to her own liking, something that he knew the Dursley family would never had allowed.

He tried not to think about them often.

Sighing and pushing the book to the side, Harry stood up and started to head out of the house and to the barn, wondering if Spade would like a grooming.

As he did so, he noticed something along the house hedges, two enormous green eyes had appeared among the leaves. (-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Page 8)

Harry kept eye contact with the two eyes and tensed as he fingered his second wand. Which may or may not have been a birthday gift from his father and was from knockturn alley, meaning it wasn't registered with the Ministry and therefore he could do magic over the summer.

As he had to choose between wand types and cores, his wand was...rather different to say the least. The test to choose the wand types and cores was closing your eyes, and see where your magic leads you best.

His magic, which was already different than most, had chosen three wand types and cores. Which was rather annoying if Harry had to be honest, because that meant he was even more different than a normal wizard.

Being the Boy-Who-Lived was annoying enough, but being the Boy-Who-Lived-To-Have-A-Weird-Wand was just not catchy enough for his tastes.

He didn't even feel like explaining how he ended up having Ash, Elder, Holly wood for a wand with the core being Unicorn, Thestrals tail hair, and Phoenix core. It should literally be impossible and far to above his magic level for him to hand but as soon as it was finished, it seemed to just latch onto him and never want to leave him alone.

Half the time the judgmental thing was arguing with his Holly and Phoenix wand. Harry swears he's seen them try and destroy one another before. He foolishly tried to scold them and so far hasn't seen them fight again but he wasn't feeling confident.

But as soon as his wand was pointed at the two eyes, they seemed to disappear. Feeling worried and wondered why his dad wasn't here yet worried about something getting past the wards he had in place.

Biting his lip slightly in thought and unease that there seemed to be something stalking him, he made his way to the barn with his wand gripped in his hand.

Just as he was about to open the barn doors and slip inside the stables, when a little creature that had large, bat-like ears and bulging green eyes the size of tennis balls seemed to appear out of nowhere with a small pop-like noise.(-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Page 12)