Chapter 39: The Haunted Game

Note: Things are slightly a bit out of order compared to the actual book, but I wanted them to be. Mostly regarding the Full Moons because the book doesn't have nearly enough Full Moons in my opinion. There's supposed to be one nearly every month, but the book only mentions like, maybe five ish. At least off the top of my head. IDK for certain so don't quote me on that.

I do not own Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

Harry curled his weatherproof jacket around himself as he and the other students stepped outside in the soon-to-be harsh winds for the game between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff.

Making sure his Hufflepuff ear-muffs and gloves were on, Harry wrapped the Hufflepuff scarf around himself before charming his glasses to become waterproof so he could see better.

It wasn't perfect, but he knew with the storm coming that it would be needed. He followed Luna and Neville toward the stands. Daphne, Blaise, and Draco weren't going to be sitting with this for this time, they sat with the other Slytherin by the Gryffindor post to be as obnoxious as they could during the storm.

Harry had just rolled his eyes and got prepared to cheer for his team. He hoped Cedric would be okay during the weather, but Harry reasoned that their school team probably trained during controlled stormy weather.

Or at least, he hoped they had.

It didn't take long before the storms had reached them, and soon it was much harder to see as the rain blew in everyone's face, making it harder to see in front of them. The wind had also picked up making everyone flying control their brooms just a bit more than if the weather was clear.

"Who do you think would win?" Asked Harry before covering his mouth back up with the scarf. He was starting to get a bit colder.

"I hope we do," Neville muttered back, rubbing his hands against his arms.

"Here," Harry said before grabbing his wand and performed the Heating-Charm on himself and his two friends.

Luna and Neville gave their thanks before focusing back on the match as much as they could.

Only, Harry knew the warming-charm was on him, so why did he still feel so cold when his body was warm?

He froze when he finally saw them. Roughly hundred of dementors attacking the quidditch pitch, using the storm as cover as they blended with the dark environment.

"Dementors!" Harry shouted before freezing.

The screaming was back. It was starting to get harder to breath. Like his heart was pounding too fast, but all he could hear was the screaming.

Behind the Red Eyes that were laughing at him, Harry saw blue eyes. Staring, seeming cold and indifferent to Harry's mother's death.

Harry only came back as he felt peace settle around him, pushing the Dementor away from the students in the stands.

But Harry couldn't breath, his breath was choppy and he was starting to feel light headed.

"Cu...cub, focus on me...There you go...breath...in....out. Come on, I know you can do it," a soft voice broke through Harry's panic haze.

Finally, his choppy breathing was starting to even out, just slightly enough that Harry didn't feel like he was drowning.

"That's right. Match my own breathing. There you go," the voice soothed. Harry noted his hand against the person's chest, feeling their breathing as he tried to match his own.

He finally realized that he had been in the middle of a panic attack. Gods, he hasn't had one of those since just a few weeks after Percy had got him from the Dursleys.

With that knowledge, Harry let a loose breath out as he finally started to calm. His emotions were all over the place, he didn't know what to focus on.

But instead of the rage he felt at the Dementors, he felt scared of them more. He didn't like feeling the thoughts and feelings they gave their prey.

So, he found himself focused on the feeling of fear, and felt himself shudder as tears started to threaten to take over him.

"I got you, you're alright," the professor he now realized as Lupin said as the teacher wrapped his arms around Harry.

Harry sunk into the hug. He generally tried not to be touched unless it was his father or Luna and sometimes Neville or Draco. But there was something about Professor Lupin's hug that tugged at Harry's memory.

He pushed it aside for now, he dealt with the past enough for the day. So, he allowed himself a moment to feel safe in his DADA teacher's arms.

The Full Moon must have been good then, if his werewolf teacher was out and about. It wasn't too long ago since he had spent the Full Moon with Boris or the sign of a break-in from Sirius Black.

"Neville?" Harry muttered as he felt the rain wetting his hair, but he could hear others heading back to the castle. It seemed the game had either been cancelled or someone had caught the snitch in the confusion.

"Professor Sprout is helping him. Professor Flitwick is helping Luna. It seemed you three had the worse case from the Dementor Attacking," Remus said softly as he rubbed Harry's back.

The boy had clung to the werewolf and Remus couldn't help but feel the satisfaction from Moony.

After the Full Moon and a long talk with Boris, Remus had slowly started to tear-down the wall that was between him and Moony. It was slow, because Remus was still uncertain, but for now he felt certain feelings from his other half.

Remus supposed it had similar qualities toward a Familiar Bond, except there lacked any actual conversation between them. Just feelings and unsaid communication.

Harry let out another shaky breath before reluctantly letting go of his professor. He could feel the tear tracks dry on his skin even as the rain started to wash it out.

He felt like a wet puppy. His hair and clothes were soaked and would need a good drying charm to get a lot of the water.

Harry moved to get up but allowed the professor to help steady him as he made his way toward Luna.

She was shaking and was still crying even as she seemed to stare at nothing. Professor Flitwick seemed worried as he tried to get his students' attention.

"Luna," Harry choked out and watched the girl turn so fast he was surprised she didn't get whiplash as she tumbled in his arms.

Harry felt his DADA professor steady him as Harry buried his face in Luna's hair as she cried into his shoulder.

He started rubbing her back softly as he buried his own face in her shoulder feeling more sobs get stuck in his throat.

He swallowed the best he could before the professors' shared a look before leading both students toward Neville, who then joined them in heading to Madam Pomfrey.

They allowed the Medi-Witch to hover over them, but blatantly refused to part ways from one another. The only thing that was really keeping all of them as steady as they were, without breaking down, was each other.

Unasked, they all scampered into one bed, happy they were still small enough that even if they were entwined in one another, they all fit on the bed.

"I can watch over them tonight," Remus told the other professors who were reluctant to leave as Poppy gave each child a whole bar of chocolate and was making sure they were warm within the bedsheets after a quickly drying charm on all of them.

"I will let their parents know, I'm sure they will want to see them," Deputy Headmistress McGonagall said before tearing her eyes away from her students and made her way toward the floo system in her room.

She knew each parent will want to know what had happened. Maybe with this incident, they can get the Dementors off school property.

Word Count: 1350