Chapter 70: The Idiot Minister

I do not own Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

The rest of the day consisted of mostly cleaning the rooms around the place. The air was dry and the room seemingly gloomy as if the dusting of the place was non-existent. It was interesting for Harry to look around, his magic reaching cautiously toward each crevice of the room and finding any dark magic that might linger around.

The library had the darkest magic permeating around the air, often clinging to books higher up on the shield. Not quite toddler height but definitely reachable by someone's teenage years or if they had good control on their magic.

By the time night came around and the meeting was to come, Harry was quite exhausted from the amount of cleaning Mrs.Weasley, call me Molly, was making them do. Despite her attempts, he was not calling her Molly since he didn't feel the familiar connection/privilege to do so.

Having Kreacher tell Sirius and the others that all the Blood Traitor Children were in their bedrooms wasn't difficult. While Harry was working on correcting some of Kreacher's mannerisms, he knew that anything different would set the adults that something was wrong.

So, having a cup of tea by his bedside to help keep him awake, Harry settled in the bed and made sure the ear-piece was turned on.

"Does anyone have any news they wish to tell?" The grandfatherly voice of Dumbledore asked in Harry's ear at nine o'clock and the signaling of floos told Harry the meeting his father, uncle, and Mooney had started.

"The Unspeakables have started getting nervous. They won't tell us Aurors what's got them anxious but it seems to be big. More and more days pass where they keep hidden in their office and can be seen communicating between themselves over a Secreted Piece of Paper. Whatever it is, it's got them in a tizzy," a deep voice commented, Harry didn't quite recognize just who it was, but he thought it might've been one of the men that had been a part of the people to bring him to the Headquarters. Someone who was an Auror it seemed like.

"How about Tom's end? Severus?" Dumbledore asked.

"He's been communicating with Hadrian Scamander for the past few weeks along with myself," another voice interrupted, Harry instantly recognized that it was his father speaking. "It seems Tommy Boy has taken Harry's accusations that Grindelwald is coming back as true as more and more of his memories of the night he became spelled in his childhood are coming back to him. He can't say with absolute certainty that it was Grindelwald but it seems from various people that he's been working in the shadows for many centuries."

"It's good to hear Tom is regaining his memories," Dumbledore said, his tone soft and almost wistful, Harry thought it might be because of the fact he was thinking of Young Tom and having taught him but couldn't be certain. "The news and Ministry seem to be in the agreement that Grindelwald is not back. Despite me telling them for many years that I never thought Grindelwald dead after the Final Battle."

"Are we certain the Dark Lord is not behind these attacks and merely assuming an identity?" A gruff voice of one Mad-Eye Moody asked, "We need to have CONSTANT VIGILANCE!" he shouted.

Harry flinched at the hard bang of what he assumed was a fist hitting the hard table and could hear a sigh in the background of the ear-piece.

"Thank you, Moody for that helpful advice," The dry tone of Severus said before a small creak, as if someone shifted in their seat, came over the comms. "In any case, The Dark Lord Voldemort doesn't seem to wish any harm against the Jackson Brat. In fact, the few times he's mentioned the brat to his followers was a reprimand and acknowledge they should never harm him if they wish to live another day. It seems the brat is under his protection," Severus spoke with what Harry thought was admiration.