𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝

Taylor had been given a silver snakeskin dress to wear today and paired with her new bleached hair she barely recognised herself in the mirror.

Taylors stylist and vogue had made all the decisions. They thought she looked edgy and different. Taylor thought she looked ridiculous. It felt like they wanted her to be someone else but being a people pleaser she didn't object, even when locks of her hair fell to the ground she didn't stop them. That was a mistake.

But despite that, things were good. She was happy, her anxiety had quietened down, her friends were supporting her, she was clean from a toxic relationship, she felt proud to have been able to see someone was bad for her and remove them from her life.

One slight issue had been sitting at the back of her mind. Joe. She was catching feelings for her bodyguard. But the last thing Taylor needed right now was to sleep with another member of her security team, if she did that she would have slept with 2/3 of them.

She put in her earrings and went downstairs to leave for the event.

As she turned the corner Joe and Taylor made eye contact with each other and held it for a few seconds before he pulled away.

She looks stunning.

He looks gorgeous.

"Okay are we ready to go?"
Micheal called out, interrupting their moment.

"U...uh yep I'm ready."

Joe helped Taylor into the car, somewhat unnecessarily, and she thanked him with a smile.

_____________________________________

Joe wasn't exactly sure what to expect for the event but this wasn't it.

Taylor had found a guy to talk to and had ordered a lot of drinks at the bar. Joe had to stay near her to make sure she was okay and he had to test all of her drinks for drugs since apparently someone had actually tried to put ketamine in her drink before and Andrea had insisted they carry drug tests with them and test all her drinks. Taylor thought it was stupid.

She had been talking to this British guy for a while and was feeling very very tipsy. He had hit on her countless times and his arm had now snaked around her back.

She mentioned how nobody ever dances at these events so he decided they should get up and enjoy the music.

Joe watched with a distasteful look on his face.
He stood there with his arms wrapped around Taylor's body while she giggled away at some sort of stupid joke.

He would give anything to be the one who held her like that, to be looking into her eyes with pride knowing a girl like her chose him.

She was fully drunk now and the combination of being slightly sexually frustrated and Tom's relentless flirting had lead to his hand moving towards her ass and her lips getting dangerously close to his face.

Joe watched their interaction distastefully and bitterly.

She better not bring him home tonight. I swear to god if I have to hear them fucking all night I'm going to kill someone. Hopefully him.

After a while Taylor approached Joe with Tom attached to her hip.

"I'm kiinda drunk so wee should get home now thank you"

He turned to Tom.

"You're coming I suppose?"

"Yupp. Thanks a lot mate. Are you her driver"

Joe's eyes burned into him.

"No."

____________________________________

Joe sat in the front of the car next to the driver and Tom and Taylor sat in the back.

They made out the entire journey. She wasn't even in her seat for most of it, instead straddling his lap. Her dress had hiked up and his hands were already under it, revealing a little too much.

The very sober driver and Joe exchanged many uncomfortable looks.

This is unbelievably awkward. I feel like they are meant to at least pretend they aren't going to have sex when we get back.

_____________________________________
When Taylor and Tom got inside and the door closed behind them he pushed her up against the wall and started to take off her clothes.

Ten minutes later their heavy breaths were the  only sound in the room.

She turned to look at him.

"That was fun" she smirked.

"You're really good Taylor"

"Thanks. Don't tell the media that or #sluttyswift will be trending on Twitter." She giggled back, still too drunk to be upset by that thought.

"Hardly. Didnt you say you've never even had a one-night stand before?"

"Yep. This is the first time."

"Impressive."

And with that they drifted off to sleep.

....

Joe's eyes were aching from spending so long staring at the screen.

They had fallen asleep.

He walked over to the controller for the camera and pressed stop recording.