𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭

I've managed to get a short chapter ready for you guys today so I can keep as much consistency as possible but I'm back from camping so updates are back to normal after today 💜

Joe and Taylor had been sitting next to each other in the car for two hours on the way to a conference with a new choreographer for her next tour.

The conversation had derailed a few times and now they were onto discussing the issues with society. Times like this were the best opportunities to see just how smart Taylor was. she argued her pints strongly, confidently and with such convection that it would be hard to deny her anything she asked.

she had just started a rant about the objectification and sexualisation of young women and the damage that it does to girls.

"..almost every part of the sexualisation of women in western culture is just what society decides men should be attracted to. Naturally the only thing that someone should find attractive is watching intercourse happen. in a lot of cultures they consider us near paedophilia because society took the thing that feeds a child and made it sexual! And they then decided that the people responsible for men finding babies and their mothers arousing were the mothers! how insane is that. 'I'm unable to control my thoughts when I see that baby being fed so the baby should have to be fed in a disgusting public bathroom so I can eat my lunch outside without being aroused' ISN'T THAT STUPID. It's ridicules that some men have sexual thoughts when they see a fully clothed women walking down the street. I'm constantly scared that there's someone watching me through my window while I change, its horrible, women shouldn't have to go through this......."

holy shit. she's talking about men like me. she's scared of men like me. I do so much worse than that.

Joe felt unclean. he felt guilty. He wasn't a good person by any stretch but he didn't realise he was the kind of person Taylor feared. a creep who sexualises a women who is trusting him to protect her. she was trusting him with her life.

15 years earlier:

This was the fifth night in a row that dad was late home.  Mum said that he's probably with his lady friend that he stays with when he wants company. I don't understand why mum isn't enough company for him, she cooks our dinner, does all the cleaning, puts us to bed, takes us to school and stays up late waiting for dad to come home.

Mum gets really sad when dad goes out to see his lady friend. One time she was so sad she forgot to put me and patty to bed so Tom had to do it.

She said that he has a very difficult job to do and that when I'm older I'll do it too.

Sometimes he leaves for months at a time. Last week he sat me down infront of the TV and put on oceans 11.
He said that it is just like what he does. He called it tricks to take what other people don't really need and share it amongst our brothers who do. We have lots of expensive treats and toys that though so I don't think we need it that much.

His work doesn't have any girls, I'm not allowed to play with girls, I have no sisters, the only girl I know is my mum.

I don't know what girls my age are like. I see them in the parks and shops but they don't every talk to me so maybe girls don't like me. Tom said I'm too ugly and that's why I'll never get a girlfriend but I think he's ugly so it doesn't matter really.

"...i mean, if my fully clothed body makes you loose control of your mind you are the one who needs to change. Not me."

Joe just nodded as Taylor continued her rant. Lost in his own mind. Maybe that's why he doesn't know how to love a woman.

.

𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑭𝒐𝒙𝒆𝒔 जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें