𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

Guess who's back? Back again.
Hiiiiii guyssssss.
Here's a chapter, I've been desperate to get this out but I'm so so so tired all the time lol. Finally managed it but it's a little short

Please Leave ur thoughts as comments 💙 ily

"Oh my sweet child! My baby!! Don't you ever do this to me again"

Andrea was practically sobbing over her very confused and tired daughter who wasn't even exactly sure where she was until her mother moved enough for her to see her surroundings.

"Oh fuck."
Taylor muttered once she had fully regained consciousness.

"You scared your mother half to death honey. What on earth did you do?"

Taylor looked confused for a moment as if something wasn't adding up within her memory.

"Um. I erm.. my medication. The men that follow me swapped it with something else."

Everyone looked at Taylor as if she had gone mad, and rightfully so.

"You mean your security? Don't be ridiculous Taylor." Andrea replied

"You must be still pretty drugged up to think this an assassin trying to drug you teff." Austin added, trying to hold down the laugh that was building up in his chest.
This isn't funny, she could've died.
Well it is a little.

"They've been following me for like two years now. They watch me through me bedroom window, they follow my car on the road, they sit across from me in restaurants, they hide cameras in my house I swear!"

A chill ran down Joe's spine. She knew. What was he supposed to do? If he told her the truth it would destroy Taylor completely, she'd be a wreck. If he let her believe she had gone mad it would practically be torture for her too. Either way they were set for a painful path.

Andrea stroked Taylor's hair softly.
"It's okay honey I think you should get some rest"

"I knew you wouldn't believe me! I can prove it!! I kept the cameras!"

Joe panicked.  He could've sworn he got rid of every camera.
"Love why didn't you say you've been seeing things? Hallucinations aren't something you should ignore, but it's okay we can always adjust your medications"

"But I wasn't ignoring them! They're real. Joe please, I need you to believe me. They'll kill me."

His heart felt like it was being torn from his chest having to hear her begging to be believed but Joe knew that it would be catastrophic if she pieced together his involvement. Taylor relied on him so heavily with her declining health not just mentally but also physically, if she found out her most trusted person was lying to her she'd be wrecked, and without him there she would also be in danger of being attacked by Williams. After all he just lost hundreds of millions of dollars because of Joe. He could only hope that this whole overdose had nothing to do with them and that he hadn't spent his entire life climbing the ranks of a murderous all-male cult.

——————————

Taylor fell asleep again soon after that conversation, feeling increasingly overwhelmed and frustrated with those around her.

Had she been slowly going mad for years?
Was all the pressure driving her to hallucinations of strange men following her everywhere she went?