𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐝

Adam and Taylor were going out for lunch with Taylor's parents today, Joe was going to be there too at her parents request for safety so he sat in the front seat of the car with their driver while they sat in the back, hand intertwined and her head resting on his shoulder.

Kill me. I hate it. Get your grubby Scottish hand away from my girl.

The resentment bubbled under his chest. Envy is a sour creature and it's claws were firmly wrapped around Joe's thoughts. Taylor was a strong willed businesswoman, but she was a hopelessly optimistic lover and somehow Joe felt the need to shield her from the inevitable tidal wave that was going to hit once their relationship came crashing down, or worse, the psychological warfare of it didn't.

While engrossed in his own thoughts he seemed to have missed the transition from casual PDA to making out in the backseat of Taylor's car.

It didn't even look sexual. That was the part that really stung, there was something else pulling them together, it was obvious in the way their eyes met and it made Joe sick. Intimacy. Love

Joe felt tears welling in his eyes. This was all spiralling out of control, a woman he had hated so much in his first few days now had the ability to withdraw his happiness with something as small as a kiss.

Calvin noticed Joe staring through the rear view mirror.
He pulled a way from Taylor who looked up at him with a hazy expression.

"Keep your eyes to yourself pervert. I haven't forgotten about what happened. I don't want you staring at my girlfriend's ass like a fucking dog after a bone."

Taylor scrunched up her nose and furrowed her brow at the analogy. Not particularly happy with being called a bone.

Joe thought it was really cute.

"Babe please don't compare me to a dog's bone"

He kissed her forehead lovingly.

"Baby you're not a bone. I'm sorry. You're a really pretty koala."

She giggled and raised an eyebrow.

"Why..."

Kill me kill me kill me.

Joe was tempted to ram his head against the dashboard. Or maybe just jump out the window.

_____________________________________

Ten minutes later they had arrived at the restaurant and were waiting to meet up with Taylor's parents before heading inside.

When Andrea and Scott got out of the car they were both wearing looks of strong distaste.

No matter how mad they were at their daughter they still couldn't help but swallow her in tight hugs.

"Hi mom, hi dad" she mumbled out while Being pressed against her mother's coat.

Andrea pulled Taylor away at arms length and looked her up and down closely.

"Hmm have you lost weight honey?"

Taylor shifted awkwardly. How the hell did she notice that?

"Yeah I was really sick and I just couldn't stomach anything last month so I lost like 5 pounds but it's fine I'll gain it back."

She couldn't tell if Andrea was satisfied with her answer but she was thankful she decided to drop the topic.

Taylor looked over to see Scott shaking Adam's hand passive aggressively.

"Dad be nice."

Both Scott and Andrea were staring Adam down so Taylor cleared her throat in an attempt to ease the tension.

Luckily something else seemed to have caught Andrea's eye.

She smiled subtly as she noticed Joe who had been standing behind Taylor trying to keep out of the way.

Oh no here we go.

"And you must be Joe?"
Andrea pulled Joe in for a hug.

"You really are as handsome as Taylor says"
Joe blushes, Taylor cringes and Adam's eyes light on fire.

That was one time mom! ONE TIME! And my goddamn boyfriends standing right next to you.

"That's really sweet of you Mrs.Swift."
No amount of praying from Taylor could have stopped what Andrea took so much pleasure in saying next.

"Oh call me Andrea sweetheart."

So my boyfriend has to call her Mrs.swift and my employee gets to call her Andrea? Could she make this anymore awkward.

Before Joe could reply Adam grabbed Taylor's hand forcefully.
"We'll go and get the seats."
He called as he dragged Taylor behind him, unable to keep up.

"That was absolutely humiliating. What the fuck were you playing at? You told your mother that Joe was handso-"

Just as he was about to finish Taylor's parents sat down at the table. Joe sat one table away to give them some space.

They all looked at the menus in awkward silence.

"I think I'll get the pasta-"

Adam cut her off and placed his hand on hers patronisingly.

"Honey I think maybe it'll be better if you get one of the salads, they have lots of options."

Taylor's mouth opened and then closed again. She didn't know how to respond, he just told his 100 pound girlfriend that she should loose weight in-front of her parents.

"Adam I don't think-" she mumbled quietly before meeting her mother's eyes.

Andrea looked like she was about to hit Adam.

"How dare you."

...

Very short chapter today that I haven't checked and is a day late but yeah. I'm gonna fail my GCSEs if I don't get a grip.
IVE DROPPED FROM A GRADE 9 TO A GRADE 5 IN FRENCH. (That's from an a** to a fucking d) oh well fuck french.