The nightmare

TW: Grooming and assault.

sorry for how dark this is, it wasn't meant to be this sad.

sorry again for how long this took me :(

i love you guys, please please leave some feedback, somments or requests, i love hearing your thoughts.

Grab some tissues.

Taylor was awoken in the night to the sounds of a baby's cries. she groaned, mumbling to Joe that it was his turn, but he quickly called her out on her lie.

She slowly rolled over and rubbed her eyes, sitting up in bed for a moment, procrastinating on getting up for a little longer in the hopes that the crying baby would just fall back asleep after a few moments. Unfortunately she wouldn't be quite so lucky as the cries failed to cease.

Begrudgingly she got up and out of bed and padded out of their bedroom, across the hall and over to the nursery.

She opened the bedroom door and turned on the nightlight, letting little blue stars float across the ceiling of the small room.

Bringing her hand up to her face she tried to wake herself up a little more by rubbing the sleep out of her eyes before moving over to the other side of the room.

Taylor hushed softly and lifted the baby from their crib, carefully supporting their head and resting the small child on her chest. Her painted nails softly scratched at the baby's back as she walked around the room, bouncing a little and humming to lull the child.

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go

When all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said don't leave me here alone

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down

You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound"

The baby cooed a little, smiling wide and grabbing at taylors blonde hair before becoming restless again.

"What is it that you want bug? Do you need changing? Or are you hungry? Your mommy would like some more sleep."

She gently stroked her baby's back and moved over to the rocking chair which sat beside the crib.

The infant reached out and tried to grab at Taylor's top.

"Ah I see, you are hungry."

She undid the first few buttons of her pyjama top to nurse the baby and continued humming quietly.

"Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire

The war outside our door keeps raging on

Hold onto this lullaby even when the musics gone, gone

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down

You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

Just close your eyes, you'll be alright

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and-"

Her singing was interrupted by a soft knock on the door, followed by it opening a little and a small child walking in.