𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲

I meant to update yesterday but guess who fell asleep lol.

Me. I did.

Also I did edit this, turns out using
My laptop has benefits, do you guys normally use phones or laptops?

Either way way enjoy this chapter because I think the next with be chaos.

Plz plz leave some feedback.

I love seeing your comments and reactions so thank you so much for all commenting on the last one .

💙💙

Joe was sitting at the bar where he and Patrick had organised to meet up.

He was surprised by how nervous he was, knowing that Patrick would be the first person who would actually know everything.
Joe knew Patrick well and it was unquestionable that he would be so so disappointed in Joe for his actions over the last few months but it would definitely be a relief to not be carrying so many secrets around with him and to get everything off his chest.

Joe felt an arm on his shoulder interrupting his thoughts.

"Pat! Oh my god it's so good to see you!"

"Yeah it's been ages. You just fucked off and moved to New York for a year huh?
And you forgot all about your poor brother."

"Very funny.
It's not like I could walk home for a pint now is it. And you know how these things go."

"Speaking of assignments, how's it going? Everyones really impressed that Mr.Williams gave you such a big one. Even dad wasn't gone for this long."

Joe sipped his whiskey with a grimace.
Here goes nothing.

"Yeah it's a bit of an interesting one.
It's one woman, who's famous."

"Okayyyy. Is she doing something sketchy behind the scenes? Would i know her"

Joe's vagueness was uncharacteristic so Patrick sensed there was something a little off.

"No, not at all. She's actually a really great person. Which is why I have a bit of a problem."

Now Patrick was fully confused.

"What's the problem?"

"Well long story short, I'm deserting sherwood to stay with her."

Patrick dropped his glass.

"What?!"

Joe was one of the best agents that had ever worked for sherwood, hearing that he wanted to desert was insane.

"I think I'm gonna need the long story."

"Okay so here's the thing, this whole company is corrupt, they tell everyone lower down that they adopt teenagers who need stability and fund good lives for them by taking a little here and a little there from terrible people.
It's all bullshit, since I've been promoted I've only been on one task and what I've been asked to do is horrifying.
Stalking, blackmail, secretly recorded sex tapes and loads of other shit all to steal hundreds of  millions from a 25 year old woman with anxiety who treats everyone around her so so well."

"I don't know, are you sure you aren't just blindsighted?
And you still havent told me who the mystery target is."

"I promise i'm not, i wanted to hate her so bad but she really is as nice as she seems.
And the things they are going to do if i don't stop.....
it's disgusting.
Yesterday i had to sit in an office while they played sex tapes and fights with her boyfriend and talked about how they needed to edit them to make her look bad.
They're going to blackmail her with the footage and ask for £100,000,000 in return."