𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

I considered waiting to upload this but u know what? Fuck it here you go. Let's celebrate jaylor's anniversary with a horribly unhappy chapter. You should probably read the last one before coming back lol because even I've forgotten what happened.

And please leave comments because they are my favourite part of all of thisss 💙💙💙

Joe arrived back home expecting to be greeted by his exited girlfriend but when he opened their front door it was as if she wasn't there at all.

He put down his suitcase at the base of the stairs and walked through the hallways hoping to see her.

But she wasn't at the piano or in the kitchen or on the sofa.

"Tay! Babe?!"

Finally she appeared at the top of the stairs.

There wasn't a hint of a smile on her face. In fact the looked terrible, clammy and pale, clutching onto the banisters as if she might fall.

"Tay? Everything okay?"
That's when he noticed what she was holding.

A black notebook.  Fuck

"I found this while cleaning out your old bedroom. I thought it was mine so opened it. I wouldn't have read it had I known it was yours. But I found out something."

His initial relief had dissolved into panick.

She knew.

She knew everything About his intentions to manipulate and con her.

She knew

"I had no idea you hated me so damn much."

He furrowed his brows.
"That's what you noticed?"

"What? Is there something even worse?!"

Oh god well done you've only gone and fucked yourself over.

"No no babe. I'm so sorry, I didn't even know you and I was just so jealous, I tried so bad to hate-"

"It didn't seem like you really had to try very hard Joe! You called me the most horrible things like those words meant nothing to you.
Am I really a bitch?! Am I a whore?!"

Joe's heart was crumpling into a ball.
He would be willing to take on any man who dared speak about his love in such a way. But that's rather difficult when you're the person who said it.

"I.... I'm so so sorry tay. I can't excuse myself for the way I spoke about you but I promise I don't ever think of you like that now. I haven't known any women other than my mother since I was a kid. I went straight to boarding school where I only knew boys who only knew boys. I never learned how to even talk to a girl, let alone respect one. I swear on my life that I love and admire you endlessly. And-"

"Get out."

Taylor didn't dare to look him in the eyes now or she would surely change her mind. So she just stared out the window, her face set firm and unemotional.

"Please love. Just give me another chance that's not who I am-"
Gone was any other thought for his masculinity as he stood, crying at the base of the stairs, begging for her to change her mind.

"Joe I love you, I really do. But I promised myself I would stop putting other peoples needs before my own and right now I need some time to really think about everything."

Only now did Joe notice something that he had managed to miss through all the chaos of the last few minutes, there was something off with Taylor. Something else was wrong.