December 23, 2020

Matt's POV: As I come out of the shower 48 hours before Christmas morning, I see Gabby standing in the bedroom trying to finish packing for us. We were heading to a cabin with our family and friends to celebrate Christmas. Who's joining us you might ask? Antonio and Brett (and his kids), Jay and Erin, and Will and Natalie. The married couples have decided to get out of town and do something together. However, there was something I needed to do first. More specifically, I had to stop my wife of 3 1/2 months from almost discovering her Christmas gift.

"If you keep trying to look in my bag like you promised not to do...you're not going to get your Christmas gift in 48 hours." Gabby turned to look at me and didn't like it when I said that. "Matt, you are seriously hiding my gift in here?" I nodded before walking over to the clothes I set on the bed since I had to get dressed. "Yes, now concentrate on your bag. I got mine." She sighed and looked at me. "Just to let you know, I made sure to get us one of the basement bedrooms."

I nodded and agreed while going to grab some boxers out of my dresser. "Who else is going to have a basement bedroom with us?" Gabby bit her lip and looked at me. "I think Jay and Erin are getting the other one. Antonio and his kids are on the top floor. Will and Natalie plus Owen are in the middle floor." I nodded and understood before taking off my towel. "Think people will stick to that arrangement?" I sighed and shook my head. "We need them too though."

I agreed and then went to grab my phone when I got a text from Jay. "You guys, just a heads up...Will and Natalie are trying to get a basement bedroom. They just called us to try and switch." I groaned when he said that and then looked at Gabby who was confused. "What's wrong?" I was about to answer when Will called. I then rolled my eyes. "Give me a minute." I then went to answer the phone while looking out the window.

After answering it, Will tried to talk to me. "Matt, hey...I was hop..." I chuckled. "Will, we have a baby. You are not getting our basement bedroom. We don't need Owen waking him up when he's asleep. Or on Christmas morning for that matter. You guys are staying upstairs where we originally agreed. It's us and your brother in the basement. Sorry but, we need the room." Will sighed and understood. "Fine, then you're the one that has to tell Natalie."

I laughed. "Nice try Will. Last time I checked, she was your wife...not mine." I then hung up and chuckled while looking at Gabby. "And boy am I glad she's not my wife. I would much rather be married to you any day." Gabby chuckled and smiled when I said that before walking over to me. She then moved to kiss me softly while putting her hand on my chest. "I already laid your clothes out on the bed. Now, Antonio should be here soon. He knows the way."

I nodded and agreed. "Are we all meeting here?" Gabby nodded and smiled. "We're the ones that live the furthest south. Remember, we are going to Joliet?" I smiled when she said that. "Can't wait." I moved to kiss her before smiling. "Listen, I need to get dressed. However, I am going to pack up right after. How about you go start breakfast for everybody in case they want it?" Gabby nodded and smiled when she heard Matteo. "I can feed him too. You're packing the car." I nodded and smiled. "Be right out."

Gabby smiled, giving me one last kiss before walking out of our room in some skinny jeans and a t-shirt so that she could go get Matteo. Meanwhile, I went to my closet to grab something comfortable to wear while driving to Joliet.