Chapter 949

Matt's POV: After driving away from the cabin and making my way to the main road, I went to grab Gabby's hand and smiled as I intertwined our fingers. "Ready to go home?" Gabby smiled and nodded. "It just felt so wrong to be there without Antonio. It's their cabin and they deserve to spend Christmas together as a family." I nodded and agreed while looking in the rear view mirror. Matteo was already asleep and I smiled. "At least we'll be home when he wakes up."

Gabby chuckled and smiled when I said that. "Hey, just let me know if you get too tired driving. We can pull over somewhere and I can take over. Honestly, I am not sure if I even want you driving considering you are tired." I nodded and understood before rubbing her hand. "Gabby, I'm fine okay? Just relax. I've got this. I wouldn't have started driving if I thought I couldn't go ahead and drive us home. I am never going to do anything that can cause us to get injured."

That's when I stopped at a stoplight. One it was great again, I proceeded through the intersection cautiously. Once we were through it, I made my way onto the interstate to drive home to Chicago. "If you want to call Antonio and tell him we're coming home, you go right ahead?" Gabby then shook her head and smiled. "No, I would rather we keep that private. That way we can have time alone in bed." I agreed and smiled. I then called Jay to ask him that.

Gabby was confused. "Why you calling Jay?" I turned to look at her. "Just listen." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Hey Matt, everything okay?" I smiled when he asked. "Everything's good. Just do us a favor and tell Antonio that we're still there if he asks. We would like to not be disturbed at the door if possible. People are still going to think we're here...so, that makes it easier if we can just keep it that way. Nobody will be knocking at our door that way."

Jay chuckled and agreed. "So that's why you really wanted to head home? To get guaranteed privacy?" I shook my head. "No, it's better we go for our health too. That way we can just relax. I am coming down with a cold. Would rather not have to deal with my cold there at your cabin. But, can you please do that for me? As far as people know we are still there." Jay agreed and smiled. "Sure thing. Want me to update the entire cabin too?" I nodded. "Yes please."

Jay chuckled and agreed. "I'll talk to them. Have a safe drive. We'll talk tomorrow. Might call to say Merry Christmas." We both agreed and smiled as I hung up before looking at Gabby. "Next stop, Casa Casey in Chicago." Gabby chuckled and smiled when I said that, ready to get home.