Chapter 933

Meanwhile Upstairs in the Kitchen
Jay's POV: As I sit in the kitchen with my brother, I chuckle as we talk about how this is both our first Christmas as husbands. "Then again, you've been a husband basically since you moved in." He shrugged and agreed. "So, why you all dressed up? Taking Erin out?" I sighed. "I'm letting her rest since she had a hard night. She's hormonal and her grief came over her again last night." Will sighed. "She's still having a hard time with her mom's death?" I nodded. "It's a mixture of grief and guilt. She thinks we should've taken her in when this started."

Will then got concerned when I said that. "Just remember that you weren't together when this all started. Yes, could you have taken her in when it started getting worse this fall...maybe. However, you had another priority to take care of. More importantly, the reason that brought you back together." Jay shook his head. "Will, I hate it when you say that and you know it. Me and Erin got back together because she's the love of my life. Remember, I was going to propose to her before she left even if we weren't together at the time."

Will nodded and agreed. "So, where are you off to anyways?" I smiled. "I am going to get her some flowers before the shops close today. You need anything in town?" Will then smiled. "I just need to know what happened to my tough cop brother." I laughed and smiled. "It's called falling in love, getting married and having a pregnant wife." Will completely understood that considering he was in the same situation with Natalie. That's when we heard her come in.

"Hey Will, so Helen just tested negative for COVID. She wants to know if she can come today?" Will looked up at her and bit his lip. "I would love to have Helen here but, where would she stay? All the rooms are taken. Unless of course you want her to stay in our room with us?" Natalie was about to say something when Will looked at her. "Don't even think about it. We already have Owen in there with us. I am not having Helen stay in there with us. Sorry but, that's too far."

I looked at them and chuckled as they argued. "Already arguing like an old married couple I see? Just remember Will, keep the stress down when it comes to pregnancy." Will then turned to look at me. "You really don't need to tell me that." I sighed. "Will, you may be a doctor but...sometimes you need to also remember that you're also human. Don't overwork yourself. And remember, this is coming from a guy who works a lot more than you." Will nodded.

"Just glad you got the Christmas break off." I sighed. "That goes back to the reason I need to head into town before the stores close. So, I am going to get going if that's okay?" I then went to grab my keys to leave when Hank called me. I sighed and then went to pick it up. "Hank, I'll call you right back okay?" Hank then replied. "Okay." I then sighed and looked at Natalie. "I want to see a picture of Helen's COVID test before she comes if it happens. Sorry, pregnant wife. Also, I want to live too." Will was confused when I said that.

"Hank will kill me if she gets COVID or dies from it. So, that's why I'm really scared it." Will understood and nodded. "Got it brother. I will talk to Natalie again about why I don't think it's a good idea Helen comes. I mean Nat, there's no place for her and we can always visit her when we're back in Chicago." Natalie sighed and nodded. "Fine, but we are only staying a few more days then." Will nodded and smiled. "Jay, you have your keys?"

I nodded and smiled. "Just leave it unlocked. Remember, Antonio's here." Natalie then got worried. "Please don't tell me that you guys brought your guns?" I nodded. "I always carry my gun when I'm travelling. I also bring my badge. Believe me Natalie, it never leaves my car. Can't say the same for my fellow officer though. You know Kevin Atwater?" Natalie looked at me and sighed. "Don't tell me that he has been in a situation like the news?"

I sighed and nodded. "Thank god he was able to call Voigt before anything bad happened. It's one of the reasons I've vowed never to be a dirty cop. I need to bring the public's perception of police in a better light." Will and Natalie both nodded. I then smiled. "Listen, you need anything Natalie? I am going to the store to get stuff for Erin. She needs flowers." Natalie smiled.

"No, I'm fine. I need to go out later anyways. I just got my mom's recipe for the stuffing she makes. I am making it and I don't want to hear any complaints." I nodded and agreed. "Text me if anything changes. Talk later guys." I then walked out to my truck so that I could go into town. I also needed to call Voigt back as I promised.