Chapter 892

Meanwhile, back with Matt & Gabby

Gabby's POV: As I came out of the apartment to see Matt packing the van, I smiled since he was doing a great job. "Just make sure we can get at the milk cooler as easily as possible. Also, we need to leave earlier than everybody else remember?" Matt turned to look at me and nodded. "Still don't get why Antonio and Sylvie want to follow us. I mean...we need to stop on the way."

I chuckled when he said that. "They are going to stop on the way too. Sylvie is going to need to get up every once and a while to get comfortable. Remember, she's having twins. So...how big I was when I gave birth is nothing compared to how big she's going to be when she gives birth." Matt nodded and smiled before walking over to me. "I'm just glad we're getting NYE together."

I smiled when he said that and moved my arms around his waist. I was about to kiss him when I heard Antonio walk up the driveway with his kids. "Who's watching Matteo on New Year's Eve considering we are coming back here so my kids can be with their mom on New Year's Eve?" I turned to look at my brother and smiled. "Jay and Erin are watching him." He then nodded.

"Do I have to all clear to hug you? I know we all got tested." I agreed and smiled, moving to hug my brother. "God, I've missed doing that. By the way, have you talked to mom about Christmas? I think she got a cabin next to us we can use." Antonio nodded and smiled. "Remind me why we're all staying in one big cabin with all the couples?" I sighed and just shrugged.

"It's not our cabin. It's Jay's family cabin. Apparently, it's really big and can hold all of us in bedrooms. Just be glad there's a couple for those two. There's a total of 5 bedrooms. 2 downstairs, 3 upstairs. However, your kids are sharing a room in the attack." That's when I heard Diego walk over. "Wait, why are we sharing when there's 5 bedrooms?" I sighed when I looked at him. I was about to answer when Antonio did.

"Because you are not going to make two couples share a bedroom when you are siblings. There's 4 couples going. Me and Sylvie, your aunt and uncle, Jay and Erin; and his brother Will as well as his wife Natalie." Matt then added on. "Can't forget their son Owen." I smiled when he said that. "Yes. Oh, did you remember to pack those pictures and profiles? I want to narrow down our candidates."

Antonio was confused when I said that. "Candidates?" I smiled when he asked. "We are going forward with surrogacy. I know we keep going back and forth between adopting and surrogacy. But, we are also scared to go through with it because of our experience with Louie. So, we are just going to do surrogacy to get rid of the fears. Trust me, I can't deal with loosing another adoptive child."

Matt smiled when I said that and then wrapped his arm around me before kissing my head. "Let's just relax and not overwhelm them with all that. We need to enjoy Christmas. After all, this is our first one since getting married again and having Matteo. We agreed to relax until the New Year." Antonio smiled when Matt said that. "By the way, you going back in the New Year?" I shook my head. "Yes but, not until Matteo is 6 months. So, we are off until the end of February."

Sylvie liked the sound of that. "That's great for you guys. Honestly, they should really extend maternity leave here in the states. 2-3 months just isn't enough, especially when you're having twins!" I nodded and smiled when she said that. "So, listen...I am not sure about the directions. So, we need to go to Jay and Erin's place. Now, we've also all been tested so we can just head there since we are almost all packed." Diego then smiled at his dad. "Can I drive dad?"

Antonio looked at him and sighed. "Diego, I already said no. Stop asking or I won't offer on the way back." He nodded and agreed. "Then, I'm just going to go sit back down in the car." Antonio agreed and smiled. Sylvie however made sure to look at Diego. "Diego, if you even try to take the front seat...I am going to make sure you get the bedroom closest to Matteo!"

I smiled when she said that. "That's a good threat. He's still waking up in the middle of the night so, he's staying in our room. Hopefully though, you guys can take him at least one night?" Matt then looked at me. "Don't worry Gabby, I booked us a hotel suite nearby for one night. I just have to talk to Antonio about New Year's Eve." He shook his head. "Don't even think about it. I'm coming home to Chicago on New Year's Eve."

Sylvie turned to look at my brother. "You haven't talked to me about that yet?" He sighed. "I have shift on New Year's Eve. They need extra manpower to enforce the stay-at-home order. So, I am not working intelligence...I'm working with patrol. That okay?" Sylvie sighed and understood. "It's fine, I get it. Is Jay also working on New Year's Eve?" I shook my head. "No, he's on leave during the holidays. He booked ahead so that he could be with Erin."

I sighed and nodded. "She must be having a hard time right now. I mean, it's her first holidays since her mom's death." We all agreed at that when we heard Matteo get a little cranky. Matt sighed and looked at him. "I think that's the sign that we need to get out of here Gabby." I agreed and smiled at him. "You know the way Antonio?" Antonio nodded and smiled. "Yes, so just follow me." I agreed and then looked at Matt. "Let's get him in his seat then we can go."

Me and Matt then went to put Matteo in the car so that we could leave to go to Joliet.