Chapter 906

Gabby's POV: After making my way upstairs, I smiled when I saw everybody in the living room. I was very surprised to see Sylvie considering she was a bit crabby when we first got here. I put it towards the twins not having slept much last night. She looks like she's in a better mood though because she is laughing. "I am guessing that Sylvie took a nap when we got here." Sylvie then turned her head and looked at me. "Shut up, we both know pregnancy does crazy shit to you."

Erin and Natalie then both raised their glasses of water and agreed. "Here, here." I smiled at them and then walked over to the fridge. I grabbed the water and went to poor myself a glass, deciding to stay sober in solidarity with the fellow moms. Once I had some water, I looked at Matteo who was still comfortable in my arms before kissing his head. "How about we ask your cousin Eva if she wants to hold you while mommy and daddy relax for a bit?" Matteo nodded.

I smiled when I made my way to the living room to see that Eva was sitting next to her brother, not using her phone or iPad. "Your kids okay Antonio? They aren't using their devices." Antonio chuckled and smiled. "They need to charge." I agreed and smiled. "Here Eva, then you can do something for me." Eva looked up at me. "What's that aunt Gabby?" I smiled and went to give her Matteo. "How about you hold him for me?" Antonio then stopped me. "Actually, can I?'

I then turned to look at my brother and smiled. "That's right. You haven't held him much have you? I was either going to ask Eva or you." Antonio smiled. "Let me have the little guy. I haven't held him since you were in the hospital giving birth. Still not happy you didn't call. I am your brother for crying out loud!" I sighed and looked at him. "We're past that Antonio...please don't bring it up. I already have that on my mind every time I look at Matteo. The guilt is forever."

Antonio nodded and agreed, sighing. "Sorry sis." I smiled at him before giving him Matteo. "Here bud, how about you learn some more spanish from your detective uncle?" Natalie then laughed when I said that. "Isn't that what Maggie said when Matt asked where he was when he came back from having a shower the morning after Matteo was born?" I nodded and smiled. "Good memory." Natalie smiled. "I always remember the day I bring kids into the world. Memorable."

Will chuckled as he looked at Natalie. "Same here. More specifically, I remember the day I helped you give birth to Owen. A little weird though right? I mean...I technically never knew it at the time but, I helped give birth to my son." Natalie then looked at him and smiled while grabbing his hand. She then moved to intertwine their fingers and rubbed his arm. "Listen, I need to get some food. Need to keep my energy up now that Matteo is almost 4 months old."

Natalie was shocked when I said that. "I can't believe he's already almost 4 months. I mean, where was the time gone? And thank god I made the recommendation that you should've called Matt." That's when I heard Matt walk in. "Wait, Natalie recommended that you called me when you were about to give birth and you said no?" I turned around to look at Matt and then went to say something but I was interrupted. "Your doctor recommended you call me, you didn't. Why?"

I sighed and looked at Matt. "Matt, you know why. I didn't want you there in case either of us died." Matt then grabbed my hand and brought me to the side. "We will be right back, I need to talk to Gabby in the kitchen in private." Everybody nodded and agreed. Matt then led me away and I knew this conversation was not going to be a happy conversation. Once we were in private, Matt turned to look at me and held my hand. "Gabby, I get why you didn't want to tell me at first but...what if something had gone wrong and I wasn't there? Who would've told me?"

I looked at him and bit my lip. "The letters remember?" Matt then remembered and sighed. "Sorry, just guess I got caught up in the heat of the moment. Still Gabby, if you were given the opportunity...I wish you would've taken the offer. I would've been there by your side in a minute had I known. I would've done it regardless of whether it was our child or another guys' child. I would know who scared you were because I knew what was at risk." I sighed and nodded. I then stepped close to him and put my hands on his chest. 

Moving to grab my arms as he held me close, I felt Matt kiss my forehead before whispering to me. "But listen, we are not going to let this ruin our Christmas okay? We are here with our friends and family. I'm sorry for blowing up back there. Guess it's still a touchy subject. I mean, what if I had one last chance to say goodbye to you but never go to." I understood where he was coming from. I then felt his lips on my forehead again when he whispered. "Gabby, let's not talk about this anymore okay? It's a hard subject."

I agreed and moved to wrap my arms around him. "Matt, I love you." Matt then smiled and rubbed my back. "I love you too. Now listen, we came up here for food and to have fun with friends. Let's get some food and talk with our friends in the living room okay?" I agreed and smiled, ready to relax as we go to grab some lunch and then make our way back into the living room so we could sit with everybody else and talk.