Chapter 891

Will's POV: Once Owen walked away to talk to Jay and Erin, I smiled and listened to what he said. "Uncle Jay?" Turning to look at him, Jay then smiled. "What's up buddy?" Owen smiled at him. "I was wondering if you by any chance brought your police car?" Erin chuckled and smiled when he asked. "Yes, we did Owen." Owen smiled when she said that. "Think maybe then I can get a ride in it sometime?" Jay nodded and smiled. "Only if it's okay with your mom." That's when I heard Natalie come out. "What needs to be okay with me?"

Jay then looked up at her. "Owen just asked if he could get a ride in my cop car. I said that you are the one that has to say yes." Natalie sighed and looked at me. "You better not have said yes. I am not letting him in one unless it's been purified. Sorry but, who knows what kind of people get into the back of those cars." I nodded and agreed. "Speaking of which, we still need to talk about that. More specifically, your plans for work during the pandemic and your pregnancy."

Natalie sighed and understood. She then turned to look at Jay and Erin, sighing. "Sorry but, I don't think I'm going to be able to be there to help you guys give birth." Erin shook her head. "Natalie, don't worry about it. I would rather you and Will have a kid then have you in the room. However, the same can't be said about you Will. You are going to be there. Sorry but, I am going to need someone there for Jay." Jay then looked at her. "I am going to be fine Erin."

Erin shook her head and smiled at my brother. "I am not talking about you being fine...I am talking about someone being able to explain you stuff. You are going to wanting to ask a lot of questions and know exactly what's going on. And I can't have you talking to the doctors when they're trying to help me give birth. Oh and about that. Natalie, I want you to talk to whoever is going to be replacing you around the time of my birth. I want to talk to them."

Natalie chuckled and smiled, agreeing. "Definitely. Oh and Will, did you talk to them about us convincing Goodwin to allow them to get their vaccines at the same time as us?" I shook my head and sighed. "I hadn't brought it up yet. But, thanks for reminding me. Jay and Erin, you guys want to get yours at the same time as us? We are due to get our shots at the end of January." I smiled when she said that.

"Sure, we'd love that. Might allow me to go back to work at the district." Jay then turned to look at Erin and shook his head. "Not a chance. You are staying home. I'm sorry Erin...but even if you get vaccinated, I want you to stay home." Erin nodded and sighed, understanding. Jay then looked at me. "You going to offer it to everybody at the cabin?" Natalie bit her lip and sighed. "I would love to but, we technically aren't supposed to."

Jay nodded and understood. "I am going to say no. However, Erin...I want you to get it even if you are still staying home. If you need to leave the house, better to be safe than sorry." Erin nodded and agreed before smiling at him. She then went and kissed him softly. "You just want me to be able to leave the house more. But, I can't get it. Natalie, isn't it ill advised to get the shot while you're pregnant."

Natalie nodded. "I know. However, I never said I was going to get it until I gave birth. Instead, I asked them to give my shot to Owen." I understood and smiled. "That's a good idea. But, maybe instead you should offer it to Helen? I mean, she is more at risk than Owen. She deserves the vaccine." That's when I heard my mother-in-law come upstairs. "What's this about me getting the vaccine?" I smiled at Helen when she came up.

"Helen, how are you this morning? I hope we didn't wake you up?" Helen shook her head and then walked over to me. "It's okay. I want to see you guys before you leave." Helen then hugged me before kissing my cheek. "You take care of Owen and make sure that you bring my grandson back to me." I looked at her and nodded. "Helen, you can be positive I always will. After all, he is my son. I am just glad you were okay with me adopting him."

Helen nodded and smiled. "Of course I am. I see how much you love him and Natalie. There is nobody I would rather trust my only grandson's life with." Natalie smiled when she said that. "About that. I haven't talked to Will about this yet but...I was hoping to talk to you about possibly being our daughter's godmother?" Turning to look at Natalie, I was a bit shocked but I felt like there was a reason for asking her. "Why's that Nat?"

Natalie smiled at me. "I want Helen to be somewhat related to our baby. If that has to be through her being the godmother...then that's the best way possible. However, you will also be her honorary grandmother. You know I see you as my mom right Helen?" Helen nodded and smiled. "I would be honored to be your baby's godmother." Natalie smiled when she said that and then went to hug her. "Good. However, you are not going to be so controlling this time around when it comes to the christening."

Helen nodded and agreed. "Of course. Now listen, I need to get going so I can get to the hotel." Natalie sighed when she said that. "Sorry there wasn't more space at the cabin." Helen nodded. "It's okay Natalie. After all, this is your friend's idea. I am just glad you are getting out of town. Sorry but, Chicago is depressing when it's this quiet." I agreed and smiled. "Listen Helen, how about I let you out. Or Owen can help you." Owen nodded and went to help his grandmother out of the house. "See you later grandma." She nodded and smiled while leaving to go to the hotel.