Chapter 928

An Hour Later, after the celebrations are over

Matt's POV: As I walk into me and Gabby's bedroom for the night, I smiled as I saw her looking at dresses on her iPad. "Let me guess, you are going to try and help Sylvie plan the wedding?" Gabby rolled over to look at me and smiled. "That okay?" I nodded while getting in bed before moving to lay down next to her. "Can we wait until after her twins are born?" Gabby nodded and smiled as she went to set her iPad down on her side table. She then rolled over and smiled at me. "I want to talk to Antonio and beg him to wait until Matteo can walk." 

I nodded and smiled. "I still have that picture in my mind. However, regardless of whether or not Antonio and Sylvie pick him to be their ring better...he will be one in the future." Gabby looked at me confused. "For who's wedding?" I smiled at her and then went to grab her hand. "Ours. I've been thinking. When this is all over....I want to give you a really wedding. Something that is years overdue. Sure, I loved our courthouse and chapel weddings but...you deserve the big wedding." 

Gabby smiled as she moved her hand to my face and then went to kiss me softly. "Let's wait a few years okay? Then we can do it as a vow renewal." I liked that idea and smiled. "Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Then it's that little guy's first Christmas." Gabby smiled when I said that before moving her hand to my face. She then leaned in and kissed me softly. "I want to stay here tomorrow morning okay? I need some time with my guys after everything that happened today."

I nodded. "Long day. Between driving here, me falling into the pond and then the engagement...I would say that we deserve to sleep in and maybe even stay in bed for a while." Gabby smiled. "Glad you agree." I chuckled and smiled at her. "I am never going to disagree when it comes time to you asking me to stay in bed with you. We both know this is the best place for me to kiss you easily. Plus, this is where we can spend time as a family. Me, you and Matteo." 

Gabby smiled when I said that before moving closer to me. Wrapping her arms around me, I then did the same and kissed her head. Turning my head to look down at her, I smiled as I rubbed her arm. "I love you." Gabby smiled at me when I said that before reaching up to grab my neck. "I love you too." I then smiled before kissing her again. That's when I heard someone run into our room. "No, I'm not ready to go to bed!" I realized it was Owen and tugged the covers up.

I then heard Will come down. "For crying out loud Owen, where are you?" I then heard Matteo cry a bit and then glared at Owen. "Thanks a lot Owen!" Will then came in and looked at Owen. "Seriously Owen? You come in here. At least go in your aunt and uncle's room!" Jay however didn't like that and yelled. "Will!" I then sighed and got up to go grab Matteo. "Hey bud, come here." I then rubbed his back while kissing his head." I then went to walk a bit.

Will then sighed and looked down at Owen. "You're the reason their son woke up. Now, you are grounded from your iPad tomorrow morning. Turn to look at Mrs. Casey and apologize!" Owen then turned to look at Gabby. "Sorry Mrs. Casey." Gabby sighed. "It's okay bud. Just listen to your dad. We should've locked the door." Will nodded and then led Owen away as I made my way back to our room. Sighing as I looked at Gabby, I held Matteo close.

"Let me guess, he's not falling asleep?" I shook my head and walked over to her. "Want to keep him in our arms until he falls asleep again?" Gabby smiled and then put her arms out so she could hold him. I then passed him to her before joining them in bed. Wrapping my arm around Gabby, I smiled as I closed the covers and moved to rub Matteo's back. Kissing her shoulder softly, I smiled at Gabby. "His first Christmas eve tomorrow." 

Gabby smiled when I said that before grabbing my hand. "And our first since we got married again." I smiled and went to intertwine our fingers. "There's nobody I would rather spend this time with." Gabby nodded and agreed before leaning up to kiss me softly. "You can forget about the shower tomorrow okay? You already showered twice today." I nodded and smiled. "Good, because I want to stay here as much as possible. I need rest after the rescue."

Gabby nodded and smiled before looking at Matteo. She then kissed his forehead softly. "Just to let you know, I brought some nice clothes for him...I want to ask Antonio to take a family picture of us by the fire. Our first Christmas." I liked that idea and smiled. "That sounds like a great idea. I will talk to him tomorrow while we both make you breakfast in bed. Well, him Sylvie." Gabby nodded and smiled. "I knew what you meant."

Turning to look at Matteo again, I smiled as I rubbed his back. "God, you are just the most handsome guy ever aren't you?" Gabby then smirked when I said that. "Yes, yes you are." I chuckled as I turned my head and bent down to kiss her softly. "I was talking about him." Gabby nodded. "I know but, I was talking about you." I smiled when she said that before wrapping my arms around her more and just holding her close as we laid there in silence.

"Remind me to call Severide tomorrow okay? I want to say Merry Christmas to everybody while they're on shift." Gabby nodded and smiled. "At least they don't work Christmas day." I sighed when I thought about that. "That's always something I am going to be scared about. But, it's part of our job." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Let's not think about that. Let's just go to bed okay? I nodded and smiled. "Night." I then gave Gabby one last kiss before going to shut off the lights so we could go to bed.