December 24, 2020 - Christmas Eve

The Next Morning with Antonio & Sylvie

Sylvie's POV: As I laid down in bed shortly after waking up, I couldn't help but stare at the ring Antonio gave me last night. It was a complete shock but it seemed so right. The proposal was perfect since it was here with our friends and family. However, the speech could've been better. That's when I felt Antonio move next to me and grab my hand. "Still staring at that?" I turned to look at him and smiled. "What do you expect? It's a huge surprise." Antonio nodded and smiled.

"That's the whole point of it being called a surprise. The one getting the surprise isn't supposed to know about it." I smiled when he said that before bending down to kiss him softly. I then decided to cuddle up to his side when I felt him wrap his arm around me. Putting his hand on my stomach while I put my hand on his chest, I smiled since we were comfortable. "We just going to relax here today?" Antonio sighed and looked at me. "We have my kids here. So...we can't."

I nodded and understood. "Maybe you should've planned this better and we could've celebrated with the kids in Chicago tomorrow night." Antonio sighed. "Not like we can really go that far. Sorry but, it's awkward when I have this in between us." He then moved to rub my baby bump and smiled. "However, I would rather have it in between us because that means we are going to be having twins in a couple months." I nodded and smiled when he said that before kissing him.

"By the way, I need to tell the firehouse today. We both know that it's going to get out somehow. Nothing ever stays quiet in our firehouse." Antonio sighed and agreed. "Can we at least keep it between us until after Christmas?" I thought about it and nodded. "You mean other than all the other people here right?" Antonio chuckled and smiled. "However, I do need to tell Laura. She deserves to know that our kids are going to be getting a stepmother next year. That okay?"

I then got angry and got up, not in the mood. Antonio then sat up confused. "Babe, where you going?" I turned to look at him. "To take a shower." He didn't get what he did wrong. "What did I do wrong that's got you all set off?" I just glared at him. "You mentioned her name in bed. Antonio, I'm going to be your new wife! I don't want to talk about your ex-wife in our bed. What? Did you talk to her about your ex-girlfriends in bed?" I just glared at him and walked away, almost running into Natalie in the process.

Natalie's POV: After almost getting run into by Sylvie, I turned to look into her and Antonio's room. "Everything okay Antonio? I get we aren't really friends but...my brother-in-law is your friend." Antonio sighed and looked at me. "I brought up my ex while we are in bed." I sighed. "Sorry I can't be more of service. Me and Will don't have that problem." Antonio nodded and sighed. "And of course, I also have to deal with her hormones which has made things worse."

I sighed and nodded. "Just give her a bit of time and space Antonio. But listen, I need to go make breakfast for everybody." That's when I heard Will walk up behind me. "And I'm going to help. You can't reach up high because I already know what you're making." I nodded and smiled when Will said that. "Oh Antonio, how many pancakes should I make for the two of you?" Antonio looked at me and sighed. "I'll take 2 or 3. Sylvie will probably eat the same as me." I nodded and then sighed. "Talk to her before you come down."

Me and Will then walked away. "Talk about drama already. They just got engaged last night." Will chuckled. "What do you expect? It's Antonio and Sylvie. From what I've heard they've been like this for years." I nodded and understood what he was referring to. Sylvie and Antonio have had this on-and-off relationship for a few years. Now, they were hoping to be permanently on. Once we made it downstairs, I smiled when we saw Owen in the kitchen eating cereal.

"Couldn't wait for us bud?" I then moved to kiss his head and smiled. Looking up at me, Owen got nervous. "Please don't tell me I woke you up." Will shook his head and smiled at him. "Nope, we are just getting hungry. Well, your mom and the baby are." I smiled when he said that because I was really happy to be pregnant with Will. This was the perfect way to restart us. I don't want to let him go again because of how miserable I was when we broke up. Now, he's mine permanently both because he's my husband and because we are having a baby together.

Will smiled at me when he saw me looking at me. "Do I have something on my face? Do I need to shave again?" I shook my head. "Can't I just smile because I'm pregnant." Will nodded and agreed. "Listen, you need help cooking?" I nodded and agreed. "I am still getting used to where everything is." Reaching up to grab a bowl from the cupboard...I made the mistake of doing that in the first place because next thing I knew, it all came crashing down.

I then heard groans coming from both upstairs and downstairs. Yep, I just woke up the whole house because I am making pancakes. Let's hope that Jay is at least nice with me. Will then looked at me and sighed. "I am going to go talk to them and tell them what happened before they yell at you okay?" I nodded and smiled at him. "Thanks." Giving me a quick kiss, I then watched as Will walked away to go talk to our friends in the basement.