Chapter 937

Back at the Cabin with Matt & Gabby

Matt's POV:
As I finish doing our dishes after eating breakfast in bed, I smile as I walked in on Gabby putting one of my sweaters on with some of my sweatpants. "Even when we're here at the cabin you can't resist wearing my clothes." Turning around to look at me, she smiled. "Relax, Matteo is on the bed and awake." I nodded and smiled as I walked up to her. Wrapping my arms around her waist, I smiled as I moved to kiss her softly. "I love you."

Gabby smiled when I said that and just hugged me. Wrapping my arms around her, I looked at Matteo who was awake and looking around while laying down on his back. That's when I decided to join him in bed. "Let's get on with him. Want to get comfortable." Gabby nodded and agreed, smiling as we both got onto the bed. However, we didn't lay down next to each other. Instead, we each laid down next to Matteo. I then extended my hand and grabbed Gabby's. She liked that because we now had our hands on top of Matteo.

"This is exactly what I pictured when it came to us celebrating Christmas. Honestly, I love being here but this is all I need." Gabby smiled when I said that because we both knew that was the truth. "Honestly, I feel the same way. Sure, us celebrating with Antonio and his family is going to be great but...it's nothing compared to us celebrating together as a family. Just the three of us." I smiled when she said that because I thought she was referring to us going back to Chicago. 

"Would you be mad if I said I wanted to go back to Chicago? I mean, we set up everything in the apartment." Gabby sighed and shook her head. "We can at least wait until after our day of cooking. It's not fair to ditch right before we have to cook. Matt, you have to admit that would be a rude way to leave everything." I nodded and agreed before smiling at her. "How do you always know what to say to get me to do exactly what you want me to do?"

Gabby chuckled when I said that. "Because I have my ways. Also, we both know that you won't get any action on Christmas if you make me mad." I laughed when she said that before nodding. "Oh, we both know that you can't resist me." Gabby nodded. "I think it's more the other way around but...sure. If that's what it takes to stroke your ego." I then looked at her and put my hand on my heart. "Ouch, that hurt. It's not just my ego that needs your love." Gabby chuckled and smiled. "Let me guess you just want it in general?"

I nodded and smiled. "After all, you are the woman I love. You are the only one I want. In fact, the only thing stopping me from kissing you right now is this little cutie that's in between us." I then moved to put my hand on Matteo and started to tickle him. "Isn't that right little buddy?" He then laughed and smiled at me. I then bent down to kiss his forehead and then blew some kisses on his stomach while holding him close. Gabby liked it when it did that.

Gabby's POV:
I swear, every time I watch Matt and Matteo play like this, I feel more and more justified in risking my life to have him. Matt is such a great dad. I already knew that from when we had Louie but seeing him with his own biological son is just something different. It's a side of Matt that I've never seen and I am so glad that I am getting to see it. It actually made me tear up a bit because of how close I was to never seeing it.

However, I didn't Matt to see me cry and I just wiped my tears away but...it was too late. Matt already saw me cry and was not worry. "Hey, what's wrong Gabby?" I sighed and looked at him. "Just a flood of emotions came over me. It's weird but...this scene right here is exactly what help me get through my pregnancy. You playing with Matteo like this is what told me that what I was doing was right. However, it also scares me. I mean, this dream is also what could've killed me."

Matt sighed and then grabbed my hand. "Gabby, I am so glad you are opening up. But, you can't think that way. Gabby you are here and safe. And you are extremely loved." I smiled when he said that. "Think I can move in front of you? I think I need your arms around me for a bit." Matt nodded and smiled. "Of course. Here, just put him on the other side of you for a minute then come close to me." Gabby nodded and grabbed Matteo before putting him next to her.

Matt's POV: Once Matteo was laying down behind Gabby, she slipped close to me and wrapped her arms around me while putting her head on my arm. Grabbing her back and bringing her against my chest, I then brought Matteo close so I could tickle him again. That's when I decided to turn my head and looked down at Gabby. I then smiled at her and went to kiss her softly. "I love you Gabby and I am so happy we are experiencing together."

Gabby smiled when I said that and then nodded. "I feel the same way but, I guess I am still scared that this is all just a dream. It doesn't seem real. I mean, we have our son and I have you back. I mean, I hurt you so much but you took me back so easily. I know this isn't the time but I guess I am just hormonal since it's that time of the month. But still, I hope you...." I then decided to interrupt her and kissed her softly. "Just relax, take a breath then we'll talk."

Gabby nodded and agreed as she just laid down in my arms while I rubbed her back. This is exactly what she needed right now because she was getting emotional and this wasn't what I wanted for her on Christmas Eve. This was supposed to be a happy time for us. And if I had it my way, it soon would be again.