Laura

Antonio's POV: After walking away to go call Laura, I smiled when I reached her. "Antonio! Are the kids okay? Did Eva get COVID?" I shook my head. "Laura, the kids are fine. I just wanted to talk to you about something Eva just mentioned. You know I'm at my friend's cabin with them right?" I bit my lip because I hoped I told her. "Yes, you told me that. What's up?" I sighed. "Eva just mentioned that you wanted to see them Christmas night?" Laura sighed. "Yes, I was hoping. But, I don't think that's going to be possible anymore considering you're in Joliet or something."

I agreed. "I'm sorry Laura. Guess we should've co-ordinated better. I just assumed you were going to want to relax more because you're still recovering." Laura sighed again. "And I appreciate that because the truth is that I am still recovering. So how about we do this, you get them for Christmas and I get them as soon as you get back in town. Then, I'll keep them until the New Year." I liked the sound of that. "That sounds like a good plan. So, you're not mad?" Laura chuckled. "Not having to decorate for Christmas? Thank you Lord!"

I laughed a bit and smiled. "Listen, I wanted to talk to you about something. I am going to tell you this ahead of time but...I might be thinking about getting married again." I could tell Laura was happy about that. "You deserve to be happy Antonio. Let me guess, to the mother of your twins?" I should've known ahead of time that Eva would've said something. "Yes, I mean...it just feels wrong to not take that step when I want to protect them. Especially in this crazy world. I don't think my insurance would cover her since we aren't married."

Laura then spoke up. "Okay, just a word of advice from someone who's been married to you?" I decided to just give her the benefit of the doubt. "What?" Laura chuckled. "Don't tell her that's why you want to marry her. If that's the reason, then don't get married. Only marry her if you really love her." I chuckled and smiled. "She's the woman you attacked a few years ago actually." Laura then got scared. "Oh shit, I'm so sorry about that. Wait, she's pregnant with your kids now." I sighed. "Laura, you're going to need to get along. And she's going to be a stepmom to our kids and that might mean she gets a bit protective."

Laura understood. "I guess I'm a mama bear. Just promise me something Antonio?" I was confused again. "What's that?" Laura sighed. "Don't make the same mistakes you did in our marriage. If you get married again, you need to talk to Voigt and tell him that stuff will be different than when you were in vice. You need set hours. She's going to need your help. Especially considering it's twins." I agreed and smiled. "Maybe before I propose we should get lunch and I should actually learn about my mistakes I've made."

Laura chuckled. "I'll make you a list okay?" I chuckled. "Works for me. Just be nice." Laura agreed and chuckled. "How are the kids doing? Any post-COVID symptoms?" I shook my head. "Not that I've seen. However, I probably need to watch for them more." Laura sighed. "Antonio, that was a condition for me to let you take them away. You need to watch them. If it comes back, I don't want to be left in the dark and have my kid in Joliet. I want to be there with you!"

I agreed. "And trust me, you will. I will watch them more. Plus, I have 2 doctor friends here who would probably have mentioned something to me if they thought something was wrong." Laura liked the sound of that. "Okay, that works too. But listen, I'm going to let you go. Say hi to Gabby and wish her and Matt Merry Christmas on my behalf." I nodded and agreed. "I will. Talk tomorrow okay?" Laura agreed and then hung up.

Hanging up, I sighed and then thought about what she said. I had been planning to surprise Sylvie with a proposal on Christmas but now, I am second guessing it. Maybe I should sneak away and talk to Gabby before she heads to bed. That's when I decided to sneak downstairs without Sylvie noticing so that I could talk to my sister.