Chapter 903

Jay's POV: As I walked into me and Erin's room, I smiled when I saw her relaxing in bed talking to Hank. "Let me guess, Hank needed to make sure you got here safe and sound?" Erin turned to look at me and chuckled. "Come join me, I want that food you got." I nodded and smiled while walking over to her. I then set the food down on my side table before opening the covers to join her in bed. Wrapping my arm around her, I smiled at Hank. "You're still at work Hank?" Hank chuckled and smiled. "I'm just leaving. I'm going to work from home for a bit."

I was shocked when he said that. "You okay Voigt?" He laughed a bit when I said that. "Oh relax, it's because nobody is here at the unit. At least this way...if I'm at home, I can bark at the TV when something stupid happens." Erin laughed a bit and nodded. "That's the Hank we know and love." He smiled at her when she said that. "So, your first Christmas as a married couple. How's it going so far?" Erin smiled when he asked. "Really good, she's been co-operating. Haven't had any morning sickness for a while."

I smiled when she said that and then put my hand on her stomach. That's when I heard Hank speak to me. "You remember my gifts for the two of you?" I nodded and smiled. "Trust me, I wasn't going to forget those. It's not everyday that I get a gift from you that's not work related. Your former definition of a gift was an easy case." Hank chuckled and nodded. "For anybody not part of my family, it is. Now listen, I need to go pop by Olive's place. I have some gifts to deliver." 

Erin nodded and smiled. "Just promise you'll stay outside? Hank, I get you're lonely but...it's better safe than sorry. You do go into a precinct every day. Oh and stay away from Trudy, I heard she has tomorrow off. She's spending Christmas Eve with her husband since he's off shift starting tomorrow. However, he's back on Christmas night." Hank agreed and smiled. "How exactly would you know this?" I wondered that too.

Erin then looked up at me. "Matt. He had to work a shift a few days ago he said. I knew he would only work when his team was on shift." I nodded and agreed, running my fingers through her hair. "Listen, you need to eat. Especially considering how hectic it's going to be at supper time." Erin agreed and smiled. "Hank, we're going to let you go okay? I want to spend some time with Jay. It's our first Christmas after all." He agreed and smiled while hanging up.

Once he was gone, I grabbed the iPad and closed it while setting it down next to Erin. I then grabbed the sandwiches Will made before grabbing mine. "Now be honest if you don't like it. I didn't make it and will gladly tell my brother you didn't like it." Erin laughed a bit and nodded. "Of course you would, you love to tease your brother." I nodded while grabbing a bite of my sandwich, loving it. "God, that's good." Erin smiled when I said that.

"You do remember that Will has a stepson now whom he probably has to make lunch for everyday?" I nodded and agreed. "Still don't like how he has kids first when we got married first." Erin smiled. "Don't worry, we're going to have the first biological Halstead grandchild." I smiled when she said that and then took another bite of my sandwich. "God, I might need to help him with the nursery. I just thought about that." Erin then shook her head.

"No way, you know that Natalie is not going to let you in their place after this. Sorry but, we are probably going back to virtual gatherings after Christmas. It's not like we are all going to be in the same place for a while again." I agreed and thought about that. "Then maybe we shouldn't spend so much time alone down here. I mean, you just said that we are probably only going to do virtual from now on. Might as well do in-person while we can."

Erin smiled when I said that and then went to kiss me softly. "I love that idea. So, let's eat and then we can head upstairs to spend time with Will and Natalie." I agreed and smiled, grabbing my sandwich one again to eat lunch.