Chapter 918

Back at the Pond

Matt's POV: Once I found Jay, I started to grab his arm and swam towards the shore. He was unconscious and cold. I then sighed because I didn't know how much longer Diego was going to be with those blankets. "Antonio, can you help me? I can't get him out alone when he's this wet. Lay him down flat. I need to start CPR." Antonio nodded and then walked down to help me. Grabbing his arms, he then tugged him out from the top while I grabbed his legs. I then went to set him down in the snow and was about to start compressions when I heard Gabby.

Running over to me with some blankets. "You're crazy Matt." I chuckled and nodded. "Thanks, that will be good for Jay." She then shook her head. "This is for you. Cover up and don't get hypothermia. I have Jay." She then got up and went to put her hands on his chest. Starting chest compressions, she opened his mouth to get the water out. "C'mon Jay, not this way!" Erin then walked over and looked at her husband. "Jay!" I then walked up to her and wrapped my arm around her. "He's going to be okay. Gabby's done this before with me."

Erin nodded and hugged me, scared. "Sorry. Scared." I nodded and hugged her. "It's okay. My wife is saving your husband. In return, I can hold you while she does it." Gabby laughed and then looked at me. "You're going to cuddle up to me in bed later while you're heating up." She then went to give Jay mouth to mouth again to get him to cough up water. That's when he started to come back. Coughing up some water, he then rolled over. "Shit, what happened?" I looked at him. "You fell into a pond you forgot was there."

Jay then looked up and looked at Gabby. "You kissed me a couple times in front of my wife?" Gabby then looked at Erin. "Yep, he's fine." She then got up and looked at him. Antonio then went to give him a hand. Gabby then walked over to me. "Sorry I kissed another man in front of you." I chuckled and then brought her close before kissing her. Gabby then kissed me slowly while wrapping her arms around my torso. "You're going to get wet and cold." Gabby nodded.

"You're going to need to take a hot shower when we get back. Maybe I can try and sneak in." I shook my head and smiled before kissing her forehead. "Sylvie started some hot chocolate for all of us. By the way, you promised me no more jumping into the river." I looked at her. "Last time I checked, it was from a high building. Unfortunately, I didn't qualify for Tokyo 2020." Gabby laughed and smiled when I said that, remembering a joke I made a couple years ago.

I then turned to look at Jay and Erin. "How you feeling Jay?" Jay then walked over to me and shook my hand. "Thanks for saving my life. I want to be there for Erin and Olivia." I smiled at him. "We all want to be there for our girls. Now listen, we should get back but you guys take the shower first." Jay nodded and smiled. "Listen, I know we said we'd get a tree...but can we skip this year? I think we're just going to stay in bed tomorrow." We all agreed.

Antonio smiled. "Good with me." We then all started walking back to the cottage together so that we could warm up and have some hot chocolates."