Chapter 908

Matt's POV: After hearing what Erin said, I decided to speak up before any of the women spoke up. "Okay, can I just say something before the women comment?" Gabby turned to look at me. "What possibly could you say to help make Erin's point?" I nodded. "I can speak to the experiences that dads will miss if they don't take the time off right after their kid is born." Gabby looked at me and nodded. "That's a really great point." I smiled when she said that. "Well, the first thing is just seeing them experience the world in their first few days."

Everybody smiled when I said that. "I mean sure, I've been a dad before when we had Louie. But, to see this child that you and your significant other...." I turned to look at Gabby and sighed. "...sorry, that's the only way I can describe our relationship at the time." Gabby nodded and understood. I then continued. "Well, watching them come into the world is one thing. But being there when they come home and just discover the world...it's just amazing. Especially for someone who never thought they'd ever experience it. It made it that much more special."

Everybody smiled again when I said that. Antonio then spoke up. "So, let's say you decide to go through with this surrogacy thing. Would you talk to the surrogate and say you want to be in the room when your child is born?" I bit my lip and then looked at Gabby. "It'd be awkward. I mean, sure...it would be our child. But, having to watch someone other than Gabby give birth. Looking at all this down here..." I then moved my hand over Gabby's private area. "...just seems wrong. I mean, what if she's married or has a boyfriend? Or for that fact, just me not wanting to see it."

Gabby looked up at me. "Let me guess, you only want to see my down there?" I chuckled and nodded while bending down to kiss her softly. Antonio then groaned. "Okay calm down bud, you need to exit that phase sometime." I then turned to look at Antonio. "Oh shut up Antonio, I still have 2 months before I am no longer a newlywed." Jay then looked at me. "Wait, you are considered a newlywed for 6 months?" I nodded. "According to people online. Makes sense though. For the first 6 months, you are closer to your wedding than 1st anniversary."

Gabby then looked up at me. "By the way, enjoy celebrating our anniversary on the new date for only 4 years. Once Matteo is 4 years old, we are celebrating on our old anniversary. Sorry but, we are going to be too busy around that time." I was confused when she said that. "Why?" Gabby sighed. "His birthday, work and back to school." I nodded and sighed. "Can we not think of that yet?" Gabby nodded and agreed before looking at Antonio. "So Antonio, you up for babysitting starting this march?" 

Antonio looked at us confused. "What's in March?" Gabby sighed. "We were planning to go back then. He'll be 6 months so...we thought that'd be a good time for us to go back. We were hoping you could help us watch him since you're going to be home?" Antonio sighed and thought about it. That's when Sylvie spoke up. "Antonio, if you don't mind...I'd like that. It would give me some practice. Remember, you've raised babies before...I haven't." Antonio nodded and smiled.

"I guess we could. Hey, at least he'll have a bedroom at our place for a while." Sylvie chuckled and nodded. "He can use the nursery." I smiled when Sylvie said that. "By the way Antonio, if you need any help with the new baby technology...I'm just a call away." Antonio then glared at me. "Ha, ha...very funny. Just remember, I'm the one that determines whether or not you get lucky on your birthday." Matt the thought about it and gulped. Gabby agreed with me.

"He's right Matt. If Antonio doesn't watch Matteo, then you are not getting lucky." All the guys laughed and then chuckled. I then looked at Will. "You shouldn't be talking. You're in the same boat as me. And Jay, you're next. Also, if you need a babysitter...you need to ask Hank." Jay then shut up and gulped. "Oh shit, he's right Erin." Erin laughed and nodded. "That's going to be fun. Asking your boss to watch your daughter so you can enjoy Valentine's day with your wife."

Jay then nodded before kissing Erin's forehead as she laid down in a corner of the sectionals with him. I then thought about it. "By the way guys, is there a specific reason why you have 2 sectionals here in the living room?" Jay then turned to look at me and smiled. "You like how Gabby is laying down on your chest." I nodded and smiled while wrapping my arm around her. "Always down." Gabby smiled as she slipped her legs in between mine. 

Jay then continued. "I had to make sure to get one because I pretty much always hold Erin like this. Especially when she's pregnant. So lucky." Erin laughed when he said that because she knew he wasn't just talking about how she was making him a dad or that he was lucky that she was his wife. He was speaking about it sexually. That's when I saw Jay move his hand to her but and rub it. "I just can't wait to meet her. About that Will, any changes to policy regarding dads?"

Natalie looked at Jay and then shook her head. "No, you can still be there. However, no guests. They have extended the stay at one night though. They've realized that it's not really practical for women to give birth and then not stay a night when they are going to need it." I agreed and nodded. "Not just them. Sorry but, the dads need to get ready too." Gabby nodded and sighed. "Can we not talk about that Matt? We both know it brings up a hard topic for us."

I nodded and agreed, kissing her forehead as I moved to run my fingers through her hair. "I'm sorry Gabby. I promise that someday it will get easier to talk about. Still too fresh right?" Gabby nodded as she moved to rub my chest. I then rubbed her arm and kissed her forehead again. "You okay to stay up here or do you need me alone for a minute?" Gabby then turned to look at Matteo who was currently sitting in the cot next to us on the couch.

"I'm okay Matt. Maybe we can talk about it later though." I agreed and smiled at her. "Okay." Antonio then looked at us. "Everything okay with you guys?" I sighed and nodded. "Just a touchy subject. You know which one." Antonio then understood and nodded. "Got it. Revolving around her preg..." I nodded and just looked at him while keeping Gabby calm. She didn't need to stress out about this when we were comfortable.

"Onto other stuff, how much work is Hank giving you guys at the district? And that's not just a question for Antonio but also for Jay and Erin." Erin sighed when I asked that. "In my opinion, he's not giving me enough work!"