Chapter 911

Matt's POV: Once Sylvie left, I sat down on the bed with Gabby and Matteo before smiling at her. "You look like you need a nap." Gabby chuckled and nodded. "I'll be fine with just a bit of cuddling time with my guy." I nodded and like the sound of that. "You always like it when we cuddle in bed and just hold each other close." Gabby smiled and nodded. "How couldn't I? I mean, you are the man I love after all." I smiled when she said that before bending down to kiss her softly. "I love you too." 

Gabby smiled when I said that before just laying down on her pillow. "We getting under the covers or just staying on top of them?" Gabby thought about it and then got up. "It is a little cold in here." I smiled when she said that before turning my attention to Matteo. Kissing his forehead softly, I smiled as he drank his milk. "You need a nap when you're done with your bottle don't you little man?" Gabby then smiled while wrapping her arms around me. "What he really means is daddy needs a little alone time with your mom."

I chuckled while turning to look at her before watching her grab the bottle and keeping it up so Matteo could drink. I was glad she did that because it allowed me to wrap my arm around her. "Just to let you know, I already told Will and Natalie to text us when it's time to have supper." Gabby chuckled. "Let me guess, you don't want to be disturbed." I was about to say something when I heard the door slam down the hall. "Apparently, neither do the other Halsteads."

Gabby sighed. "Let's hope it's just them wanting to be all over each other and not them having a fight. Christmas isn't a time where you should be fighting with your husband or wife." I agreed and smiled at her. "I am glad we haven't fought in a while." Gabby nodded and agreed. "However, I am glad we have been given all this extra time to bond with Matteo. It's actually really fun just sitting here together and holding him. Someday, he'll be too big to hold like this. I especially like it when he's sleeping on your chest. It's quite adorable." I turned my head and nodded. That's when we heard moaning from down the hall.

"So much for no sex for the next couple nights." Gabby laughed when I said that. She then sighed. "I'll be right back. Need to remind them that we can hear them." I then looked at her. "You sure you want to see that?" Gabby got up and looked at me. "Not like I haven't seen Jay in his boxers before." I then looked at her. "Oh shut up, we hadn't even started dating yet. It was like a few weeks after Hallie died in that fire." Matt nodded and agreed.

"Now, if you don't mind...I'm going to remind that guy that he's not the only one down here. I would like Matteo to take a nap when he's done feeding." I agreed and smiled. "Then go talk to them." Gabby nodded and smiled as she walked out of our room to go talk to Jay and Erin.