Chapter 942

Jay's POV: As I stood in the kitchen with Owen, I sighed when he kept asking me questions about his mom. "You sure that my mom's okay uncle Jay?" I looked down at him and nodded. "She's okay Owen. It's part of being pregnant." He nodded but I could tell he didn't really understand. I then finished making him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich before looking at him. "How about you go sit at the table? I got you some lunch." Owen nodded and then walked away to the table when I heard Will walk in. "What'd you make him for lunch?"

I smiled at him and then showed him. "PB&J." He laughed and smiled. "You're going to need to learn how to make real sandwiches when Nadi's born Jay." I looked at him and sighed. "We changed the name to Olivia actually. I forget if we told you." Will nodded. "Let me guess, she changed her mind because of hormones?" I sighed and looked at him. "It's something deeper that I would rather not explain considering Owen is right there." Will nodded. "Work-related?" I nodded and sighed. "It's a complicated relationship."

Will just nodded and didn't push further. "I get it. However, if it helps...I am sure that Natalie might be able to help her through her grief." I hadn't thought about that. "I'll talk to Erin about it but, not right now. Right now, I would rather she concentrate on relaxing. I've already made her stress enough today considering I was arrested." Will nodded and sighed. "You have an arrest record because of that?" I shrugged because I didn't know. "Don't know. However, it's not like it's going to affect my job prospects considering I'm in CPD for the long run."

I then smiled at him and went to grab the toast I made for some BLTs I'm making for me and Erin. That's when I heard my phone ring and saw it was CPD's Internal Affairs. "Will, can you make me some BLTs? I need to take this. It's Internal Affairs." Will nodded and agreed. I then walked away and went to take the call. "Officer Jay Halstead, Intelligence." That's when I heard the voice of someone I never hoped to have to hear from. "Officer Halstead, this is deputy superintendent Samantha Miller." That's when I got worried.

"Good afternoon superintendent." I then decided to sit down because I was scared. "I would like to inform you that we've seen the video regarding the traffic incident earlier today." I sighed and understood where this could be going. "Am I being sidelined for a while?" She sighed. "The board saw the news and there was a complaint that you might have also pushed the boundaries. As we are trying to reform the CPD, we are putting you on leave while we review the video. However, I am positive this is just a formality."

I sighed and understood. "Thank you for the call superintendent. Merry Christmas." I then hung up and then swore. "FUCK!" Will then turned to look at me. "Jay!" I sighed and turned to look at Owen. "You never say that word in front of your mom!" He nodded and I hoped he understood. I then went to sit at the table and put my head down. "This is just great." Will then got concerned. "What got you to swear? Sorry but, that's so unlike you." I sighed and looked up at him. "That was my superintendent. Remember how I saved that guy?"

Will then looked at me and nodded. "Yeah, great job." I shook my head. "Well, not according to the CPD. That was my superintendent calling to inform me that I've been sidelined/suspended until internal affairs can complete a review and make a ruling on my case. That may mean that my income goes dry for a while right when I need it." Will sighed and looked at me. "Jay, you need to tell Erin. She deserves to know what's happening."

I nodded before looking at him. "First, I need to call Voigt. He can solve this for me." Will agreed. "However, you should still tell Erin. But I agree, your boss can help." I then nodded. "Can you make lunch for me? I am going to go take this call in what was Antonio and Sylvie's room." I nodded and agreed. "Sure. Good luck." I then sighed and walked away so that I could go call Voigt.