Chapter 945

Jay's POV: After eating lunch with Erin, I went to bring our plates upstairs rather than keeping them in our room. Once that was done, I made my way back and I was now walking into our room to see Erin laying down in bed. I could tell she was lost in thought because she didn't even acknowledge my presence. I decided to just let her think as I closed the door and took of my shirt. Since we are here, we might as well get comfortable. Once that was done, I set my shirt off at the end of the bed before taking off my pants.

After getting undressed and setting all of my clothes down at the end of the bed, I made my way to my side of the bed and then sat down. "Erin, babe. Come here and relax." Erin turned around and looked down at me. She then smiled when she noticed I was shirtless. "I swear, it's like you can read my mind. I think some time like this today is exactly what I need." I smiled when she said that and then opened my arms. "I need it too because I am stressed and worried."

She agreed while moving to lay down against my side. Once she was laying down, I wrapped my arm around her back and put my hand on her stomach while tugging the covers up. "Don't be okay? This is my mess to fix...not yours." Erin sighed as she went to rub my chest. "Jay, I'm your wife. I'm always going to worry about you. Especially when it comes to us being able to support our family. I am just glad we don't have a mortgage on our home."

I nodded and went to rub her back as we held each other. "Erin, everything will work out. I promise." Erin nodded and tried to calm down but I knew she couldn't. Kissing her forehead softly, I then whispered to her. "At the end of the day, the only things I need in life are you and our daughter. If I can't be a cop anymore then I will figure something else out. I promise." Erin sighed. "Would it be such a bad idea if you can't be a cop anymore?"

I was shocked she even said that. "Are you saying that you're glad that I'm under investigation by internal affairs?" Erin then sat up and stared at me. "Of course not! Jay, I am saying that it might be good for us. Your job could always be less risky and you could be around more for me and Nadia. You know how long our shifts get sometimes. Our shifts literally last until a case is done." I sighed and understood what she meant. "Sorry I blew up."

She nodded and sighed while looking at me. Bending down to kiss me, I then felt Erin lay down on my chest. And while it was something very sexual that I enjoyed...it wasn't as comfortable anymore because of how pregnant Erin is. She is after all, due in 4 1/2 months. I sighed and looked at her. "Sorry Er, that's not very comfortable. Think you can just stay next to me?" Erin sighed and nodded. "Guess this is just being a pain. I guess I just miss being right next to you."

NOTE: I have decided to change how far along Erin is in her pregnancy. Originally (up to this chapter), their daughter was due in April. However, Erin is now due on May 8th. 

I smiled at her and then went to grab her neck. Rubbing her cheek, I then moved to kiss her forehead. "We haven't been that close since before we got back together. The last time was when we had our little get together in New York City." Erin nodded and sighed. "I just wish I would've had the courage to come back." I sighed when she said that. "Erin, you needed to protect your mom." Erin nodded and sighed.

"Do you remember that night at all?" Erin smiled and nodded. "Somewhat. All I really remember is how I felt when I saw you. It was a mixture of love and guilt. I am just glad that I came back and told you about the pregnancy. I don't think I could have ever done to you what Gabby did to Matt. However, their circumstances are completely different than ours." I nodded and kissed her forehead. "You know, I don't think I ever asked you this but...do you regret not coming back?"

Erin thought about it. "You're talking about when we met up in New York?" I nodded and kissed her forehead. "Honestly, I was not in a place where I was ready to risk it. However, I was ready to come back after I saw you. I knew I needed to talk to Hank and get him to find me a way home. I was just scared of the legal problems. Then of course I got pregnant and I told Hank that he needed to push harder because I needed to come back ASAP."

I smiled when she said that and rubbed her arm. "If you're asking if I ever planned on not telling you about our child...the answer is no. Jay, you have to know it killed me to leave in the first place. If I could've stayed, I would have. But...we can't change the past. And honestly, I don't know if I would want to change the past because of how much I love my present." Jay smiled when I said that before going to kiss me softly. "God, I really want to give you your Christmas gift but, I need to wait until tomorrow."

Erin sighed. "Jay, if you would rather do it tonight...we can. Maybe we can talk to Will and Natalie. Ask if we can do our family gift exchange tonight. Then, they can concentrate on Santa's gifts with Owen tomorrow morning." I liked the idea of that and nodded. "Let me text Will." Erin smiled when I said that before going to kiss my chest. Once I had my phone in my hand, I sent Will a text. 'What do you think about us opening our gifts to each other tonight? Then you guys can concentrate on Owen tomorrow?'

I then set my phone back down and waited for Will to respond.