Chapter 938

Matt's POV: Once Gabby was laying down close to me, we just took a bit of time to relax. I was rubbing her back and I could tell it was helping because Gabby wasn't crying anymore. Instead, she was just playing with my shirt. I smiled when she did that because I knew it meant she was feeling better. I then decided to go and kiss her when I heard a knock on the door. Looking at the door, I put my finger up since Matteo fell asleep where he was. I then saw it was Antonio. "She okay?" I nodded. "Just got a bit emotional in here."

Antonio nodded and smiled at her. "Matteo asleep?" I nodded. "What's up?" Antonio sighed and looked at me. "I just wanted to let you know that I need to go back to Chicago for the night. I'm hoping I can rush right back tomorrow morning but...I am not sure if I should leave my kids or not?" I sighed when he said that and then shook my head. "We don't have room in the van and it's not really a good idea." He nodded and agreed. "I might just stay there then. Laura wants them tomorrow afternoon anyways."

I nodded and agreed before turning to look at Gabby. I heard her wake up and look at Antonio. "You're going back to Chicago?" Antonio nodded as he came to stand at the end of my bed. "I'm sorry Gabby. I needed to leave either tomorrow night or on boxing day anyways for Laura." I sighed and looked at him. "Gabby, if you want to spend time with your brother on Christmas...we need to go back. However, I would rather stay. I'm still recovering." 

Gabby sighed and looked at Antonio. "Big case in Chicago?" Antonio sighed. "Drug bust tied to a criminal I arrested a few years back but recently got out. They need my expertise." Gabby nodded and understood. "I wish you could stay but...I understand." I smiled at him. "Now, go get your kids packed. They aren't riding back to Chicago with us." Gabby then turned her head. "Why not?" I sighed and looked at her. "Because on the day we are going back, I would rather not have to deal with a screaming baby and two teenagers." 

Gabby understood and grabbed my hand. She then smiled as she intertwined our fingers. "Okay Antonio, promise we'll talk in the morning and when you get back? The weather doesn't look that good." I nodded and smiled. "I understand." Gabby then moved away from me and got up. She then walked over to Antonio and went to hug him. "Here, let me help you with the bags. More specifically, let me help pack them. Matt, I'll watch him in the living room. You help Antonio pack his car up." I nodded and agreed as I got up. "Can I ask Jay and Erin to watch him?"

Gabby bit her lip and shook her head. "No, he's still resting after his pond accident." I smiled and nodded. "Then I'll Will and Natalie then. Do they know you're leaving?" Antonio nodded. "I'm sure that Natalie will love to help. Will needs the practice." I agreed and chuckled. I then went to walk over to Matteo and rubbed his back. "Sorry buddy but, you need to wake up." I then picked him up before kissing his head softly while holding his blanket.

Gabby smiled as I held him in my arms before walking up to me and rubbing his back. "Hey buddy, you want to say goodbye to uncle Antonio?" I then walked over to Antonio and gave Matteo to him. Antonio smiled as he held him. "Hi little guy, want to say bye to uncle Antonio?" Matteo just snuggled up to him and was tired. "Oh, don't do that buddy. Then I won't want to put you down." I smiled and then walked over to him. "Gabby, I'll put him back in bed."

Antonio chuckled. "Just be glad he didn't cry when you picked him up. However, I suggest you change that diaper. He smells." I then went and smelled him before nodding. "Gabby, I will go do that in the washroom okay?" Gabby nodded and then smiled while looking at her brother.

Gabby's POV: Once Matt when to change Matteo, I looked at my brother. "So, this was a busy Christmas. You got engaged and now you have to work again." Antonio chuckled and smiled. "Glad you enjoyed the engagement." I smiled and nodded. That's when I heard Sylvie come down. "Antonio, I texted you twice now. I need your help with your clothes. I need to know what's clean and what's dirty. You put it all together."

Antonio sighed and turned around to look at her. "Sorry, come say bye to Gabby while you're down here though." Sylvie agreed and then walked over to me. "Sorry we can't stay." I then hugged her and smiled. "You can stay if you want Sylvie." Antonio looked at me shocked and shook his head. Sylvie smiled when I said that. "That sounds fun but, I would rather stay with my fiancé for our first Christmas while being engaged."

I nodded and understood. However Antonio was not pleased. "Gabby, you really had to offer that. C'mon, you know I wouldn't want to leave her behind. However, the same can't be said for my kids. You sure?" I nodded. "You are taking your kids back with you. Anyways, gives Laura a chance to see them for Christmas. Be a nice surprise." Antonio agreed and smiled. "You're right. That way I can tell her about the engagement in person." 

I smiled when he said that. "Now, scram and go help Sylvie pack. Does Jay need to go back?" Antonio shook his head. "However, I would like to say goodbye to everybody before we leave." I smiled and nodded. "You be the bad cop. I'm staying here tonight. You go get him up if you want to say bye." Antonio sighed and agreed before walking out of my room to go talk to his co-worker.