Chapter 944

Jay's POV: After making my way downstairs, I walked in and looked at Erin who was not pleased. "What the hell did you do to both piss off the commissioner and get yourself suspended?" I sighed and looked at her. "He's mad about the fact that I got myself thrown into jail for saving someone's life." She then sighed and looked at me before nodding. That's when I heard Hank speak up. "That's ridiculous. Was it about we were talking about Erin?" Erin sighed. "Yes, Jay tackled the other cop off of the African-American man's neck. That got him sent to jail."

I then sighed when I gave her some food before sitting down in bed next to her. Wrapping my arm around her, I then grabbed her hand before kissing her forehead. "I swear, if this suspension doesn't get lifted...I am not going to stay. I'm going to move to the FBI." Erin then turned to look at me. "Hell no you aren't. I am not risking you having to be relocated." I nodded. "I am not leaving the CPD. Just frustrated that I'm suspended for doing my job. I mean, we are literally sworn to protect life. Yet, when I do exactly that I get suspended!"

I yelled the last part and sighed. I then decided to text Matt to apologize in case Matteo was sleeping. 'Sorry if Matteo was sleeping.' He quickly texted back. 'He's awake and feeding. All good?' I sighed and quickly texted him. 'Work stuff.' I then put my phone down and just kissed Erin's forehead. "I'm sorry if this screws us up. However Erin, I need you to promise to relax." Erin just looked up at me. "Not happening. Oh by the way, thanks for the great Christmas gift! You getting suspended is horrible." I nodded and agreed.

"Erin, it was for a good reason. Right Hank?" Hank agreed and that meant something. When it came to work, it was rare that me and him agreed on anything. "Honestly, Jay is one of the good cops. He did the right thing Erin because he is making sure that the police's good name stays in tact. I would in fact say that you should be proud that your husband got suspended. It means that the CPD is pissed off that he did the right thing. Honestly, I have my suspicions that it's more the Union that put pressure on them."

I sighed and figured that. "We are in the same union as the police department here after all. It's just ridiculous that the Union has so much power that we can't do what we are sworn to do." We both agreed. I then looked at Erin. "Don't worry, I still have a source of income while I am suspended." Erin looked at me confused. "From what sources?" I smiled at her. "My military income. While I am just a reservist...it comes with a bit of income." Erin nodded and I could tell she was a little relieved. I then kissed her forehead and sighed.

"I can also get some shifts at McCormick place." Erin and Hank then both yelled at me. "COVID!" I then sighed and realized what I just said. "Sorry, my mind is elsewhere." Erin understood and grabbed my hand. She then moved to cuddle up to my side. Feeling her arms around me chest, I sighed and then kissed her forehead. "Honestly, I don't care if I'm not working right now though. Sure, we need the money but...I would rather do this any day." Erin smiled when I said that and nodded, agreeing. I then went to talk to Hank. "Hank, mind if I talk to Erin in private?"

Hank understood. "Listen, I'll try and talk to the higher ups at CPD and get you reinstated. This is ridiculous and wrong. Now, you guys stay safe." I nodded and then grabbed Erin's phone before hanging up. Moving it next to Erin, I sighed while looking at her. "Let's eat and than we can talk. We both know you are mad even though the reason I got suspended was something I did that saved someone's life. I just hope that you can be on my side and agree that what I did was the right thing to do." 

Erin then grabbed my hand and rubbed it. "Jay, I will always take your side. Especially when you did the right thing. And please don't think I was mad at you. I'm mad at the CPD. I mean, this is ridiculous. They expect us to be on the public's side and save people's lives. But, when you do your job against another police officer...it's wrong? I don't understand that." I smiled when she said that and leaned my forehead against hers. "I just hope this suspension doesn't become a termination."

Erin nodded. "If they fire you, I promise that I am quitting in solidarity. If they fire you for doing that...then I am not going to work somewhere that fires someone for doing what you did. That's not the type of place where we should work if that's their priority. We have many more opportunities. We could always start up our own private investigative firm or private security." I thought about it and chuckled. "That'd be fun. But, we both know we'd just go back right away."

Erin agreed and smiled at me. "Listen, how about we eat. Then, I want you to get us undressed and take me in your arms. I'm starting to crave my own super hero husband." I nodded and smiled when she said that. I then leaned down to kiss her softly as I rolled her over onto her side. Once we were both laying down on our sides, I moved my hand up her shirt and smiled at her. "I love you." Erin then smiled while putting her hand on my neck. "I love you too. Now, let's eat because I am craving some love from my guy." I nodded and smiled, sitting back up so that we could eat lunch.