Chapter 943

Jay's POV: After walking away to call Voigt, I decided to take a deep breath as I sat down on the bed in the room where Antonio slept last night. Laying back on the bed, I went to pull up his number before calling him. I just hoped her answered, and he did. "Halstead, why don't you join the call downstairs?" I then sighed and hadn't even thought about that. Erin was going to talk to him at some point today, she always does. "This has something to do with something I don't want to worry Erin about." He didn't like the answer.

"Jay, if it's somet..." I then got frustrated. "I just got a call saying I'm suspended." Voigt did not like the sound of that. "WHAT!" I sighed and then went to talk to him. "Exactly, if you're worried...then how do you think Erin is going to react if this isn't fixed. I am hoping you can pull some strings and fix this for me. This wasn't my fault Hank! This is related to that cop I stopped from killing that black man."

Hank then sighed. "Listen, let me tell Erin I need to talk to someone. I'll get right back to you." I then sighed and then got put on hold. It didn't take long for him to do it. "Apparently, she already heard what you said when you yelled." I then sighed and figured that would happen. "She says to go downstairs and that you will continue this with her." I sighed and then nodded. "Can you give her a reassurance that It'll all be okay? Hank, I saved someone's life!"

 Hank understood and sighed. I then hung up and then got up. Leaving the room, I went to go downstairs so that I could grab the lunch that Will made for me and Erin. After rushing into the kitchen, he turned to look at me confused. "That was fast." I then sighed. "Erin heard me talking to Hank from up here and told me to talk to her downstairs. So, I'm going to take this..." I then grabbed my plate. "...and I am going to eat downstairs."

He nodded and agreed before letting me go. "Good luck." I then sighed. "With who? Work or Erin?" He chuckled and then smiled. "Both." I nodded. "I'm going to need it." I then walked away, really worried about how much trouble I was going to be in the moment I got downstairs.