Chapter 902

Matt's POV: After calling my mom, I really hoped that she would answer. I haven't talked to her in a while and I should have probably done this a while ago...but she still doesn't know about the fact that she is a grandmother again. I was glad when she answered the phone. "Hi, this is Nancy Casey speaking. Who's calling?" I chuckled and smiled, glad she answered. "No caller ID mom?" I could tell she was shocked to hear from me. "Matt? Sorry honey, how are you?" I chuckled and smiled. "I'm great mom. I've been meaning to call but...stuff has been crazy."

My mom agreed and chuckled. "You staying safe at work?" I sighed and then went to reassure her. "Yes, I'm staying safe at home. Mom, I'm so sorry I haven't called. I've been meaning to. Stuff around here has just been...crazy." My mom sighed. "I should've called to. You've probably been worried about whether I've been sick with COVID." I sighed and agreed. "I have. I've also been a little preoccupied with my 4 month old son." My mom was shocked when she heard that.

"Finally! It's about time that I heard about him from you. I only know about him because of Violet." I sighed and understood. "Glad that Christie is letting you talk to her." My mom then mentioned. "We're trying to repair our relationship. Her having COVID has changed things. By the way, I would like to know...who's the mom? Is it your wife?" I smiled. "Yes, Gabby. She's actually right next to me. Want me to put it on speaker?" My mom said "yes" eagerly.

Putting it on speaker, I smiled. "Gabby, I'd like to introduce you to my mom Nancy. Mom, this is my wife Gabriela. However, she goes by Gabby." Gabby then smiled. "Hi Mrs. Casey. How are you?" My mom didn't like that. "Please, you're my daughter. Nancy is fine!" I smiled when my mom said that. "Sorry we haven't spoken since me and Matt got married the first time around." I smiled and wrapped my arm around Gabby. I told her that my mom knew about the divorce.

"I am glad you guys repaired everything in your relationship. I hated the fact that Matt had to go through a divorce. From what I saw in the newspaper, you were quiet happy together. At least, that's what I could tell from the picture. I saw the look in your eyes Gabby." Gabby chuckled. "We actually weren't married at the time that picture was taken. We were engaged though." I smiled as moved my hand to her leg and then kissed her forehead. "By the way mom, Merry Christmas."

She chuckled and smiled. "Merry Christmas to you both as well. What are you guys up to this year? I mean, you must be excited that it's...." I knew what she wanted to know. She wanted to know what her grandson's name is. "His name is Matteo Andres Casey." My mom then chuckled. "That's an amazing name. A hint of his mother's hispanic background." Gabby smiled when she said that. "Exactly what I wanted. I never wanted to name my kids with English sounding names." I then felt Gabby cuddle up to me more, wrapping her arms around my torso.

I then moved my hand to her back and rubbed it. "So, have you heard from Christie or Violet yet?" My mom sounded happy when I asked that. "Yes, I have. Well, from Violet at yes. My relationship with Christie still isn't the best. I just hope that someday I can have the chance to repair my relationship. I mean, it's not my fault that your father was abusive." I sighed when my mom said that and then agreed. "Just give it time mom. She's dealing with other stuff too."

That got my mom concerned. "What's wrong?" I sighed and then decided to tell her. "Well, she just finished fighting COVID. And, Jim is having another kid with another woman." My mom was shocked when I said that. "Woah." I nodded and agreed. "I swear, that man just keeps causing me headaches. First it was him not paying child support, now this." Gabby then looked up at me. "Promise you won't get involved. You have our family to concentrate on."

I nodded and smiled before putting my hand on her hip. I then moved to kiss her forehead. "Can you please relax Gabby? We are talking to my mom." Gabby chuckled and smiled. "I am relaxed." I nodded and understood. My mom then smiled at us. "Relax Matt, you let your wife be. Remember, she's the one that controls whether you give me a second granddaughter or not." I sighed when she said that. "Actually, we are only having one biological child." Gabby nodded and sighed. "Can we not tell her? We've already told too many people for my comfort."

I agreed and understood, kissing her forehead softly. "I understand." I then smiled at my mom as Gabby rubbed my chest. "I will respect that you want to keep it private. However, just promise when this is over that we can all meet up? I would like to meet my grandson." I agreed and smiled at her. "I promise mom. Hey, maybe you can come visit us for my birthday? Quarantine at a hotel for a while then you can stay with us?" Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded.

My mom liked that too. "That would be amazing. Maybe I can even babysit for you guys on Valentine's Day. We both know that even during this pandemic...you're going to want to try and sneak out to a hotel." I nodded and agreed while looking at Gabby. "That was the plan. Just depends on whether Gabby wants to go along with it or not." Gabby chuckled and smiled. "One step at a time. Can we please just worry about the holiday that is less than 48 hours away now?"

I agreed and nodded before looking at her. I then went to kiss her quickly. "Sorry mom." She chuckled and smiled. "It's fine. Listen, as much as I love talking to you...I'll let you guys relax. Gabby looks tired. However, I do expect you to call more often. I will be calling Christmas morning. Can I save your number?" I agreed and smiled. "Of course mom. Call me whenever you need to. Just not too late. We have our little guy now." She agreed and chuckled. "Of course Matt. Have a Merry Christmas and we'll talk later." I agreed and smiled before hanging up.

I then looked down at Gabby and smiled at her. "That was a nice call." Gabby agreed and chuckled. "It was nice talking to your mom. Can't wait to meet her in person. And even better, for her to meet Matteo in person." I smiled when she said that and then rubbed her back. "You like the idea about my mom watching him on Valentine's Day for us? I mean, it would allow her to come into town for my birthday too." Gabby nodded and agreed.

"That would be perfect. Now listen, as much as I love doing this with you....just relaxing in my arms, we should probably go see if Will has made anything for lunch yet?" Gabby nodded and agreed. "Think they'll mind if we eat down here? I would like to keep Matteo asleep for a while and I am not ready to be with anybody else yet. Still tired from last night." I nodded and then moved to kiss her softly. "Sure thing. I will be back okay?" Gabby then nodded and let me go.

Smiling as I got up, I then went to grab my phone so that I could head upstairs. I was just hoping that there was food. And luckily there was because as I was walking out, I saw Jay walking past with some food. "I am guessing it's okay to eat down here?" Jay turned to look at me and chuckled. "We need to clean after we leave anyways, always do." I agreed and smiled. "Thanks. Talk later at supper." I smiled as I walked away from me and Gabby's bedroom and then made my way upstairs to get some food for us.