Chapter 897

Meanwhile with Jay & Erin

Jay's POV: As I walk down the hall to me and Erin's room, I smile as I walk in to see Erin in her sweat pants and bra. It's not that often that I get to see her baby bump without her shirt on because she's become more body conscious ever since she got bigger. Walking in as she stands in front of the mirror, I smiled when I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her. Putting my hands on her stomach, I smiled. "Didn't I tell you that you look beautiful like this?"

Turning to look at me, Erin smiled as she put her hands on my chest. "You're biased though. You are my husband." I nodded and then moved to bring her closer to my chest. Kissing her softly, I smiled as I rubbed her stomach. "Which is exactly why you should believe me. When it comes to how beautiful you are, my opinion should be the only one that matters. Because honestly, your beautiful in whatever you wear. As long as it's easy to take off at night."

Erin chuckled when I said that. "How did I not expect you to say that? I mean, you are sex obsessed. I just hope it doesn't run in the family." I bit my lip and nodded. "Let me remind you that Will and Natalie are already pregnant." Erin nodded and smiled. "At least they waited until after they were married to start trying." I then moved to grab Erin's hands and intertwined our fingers. Looking into her eyes, I kissed her softly before talking to her.

"Hey, don't think that I even remotely care whether we were married before we got pregnant. Erin, I've felt married to you since we got back together. I mean we moved right back in, shared a bed and it just felt so natural. Erin, I love you and our life no matter the circumstances that led us to having this life." Erin smiled when I said that before letting my hands go and wrapping her arms around my neck. I then moved my hands to her stomach and rubbed it.

I was about to pick her up and lay her head on the bed when we heard someone walk in. Turning to look at who it was, I saw it was Antonio's daughter. "How can I help you Eva?" Eva then looked at me. "Sorry, thought this was the washroom?" I shook my head. "First door on the left." Eva nodded. "Sorry, you can resume now." She then closed the door. I went to look at Erin and was about to continue when she stopped me. "Not happening. You need to go make lunch."

"Will can do it. I'm the one that came up here last weekend and made sure it was all working. By the way, thanks for letting me do that. I know you probably would've preferred that I stayed in Chicago." Erin nodded and smiled. "It's fine. But you should go because last time I checked, he had a pregnant wife and 6 year old son." I nodded and agreed. "Right, makes sense." Erin then gave me a quick kiss. "I love you. Can you make sure to make something special for me?"

I nodded and agreed. "I'll make sure to hide it from Antonio's kids." She nodded and smiled before letting me go. Walking out of the room, I made sure to close the door before walking away. Making my way upstairs, I smiled when I saw Will there. "Let me guess, Natalie told you to come make lunch for everybody?" Will turned to look at me and nodded. "Erin tell you to do the same?" I chuckled and nodded. "Here, let me help with the adults. You do kids."

Will smiled and nodded. "You agree with my choice to adopt Owen right?" I turned to look at him and was shocked with the question. "Will, of course. I love Owen as if he was my biological nephew. Dude, you did the right thing. He's been missing a dad his entire life. You adopting him means he's going to have a dad for the rest of his life." Will smiled when I said that. "Still, I wish he didn't have to get adopted." I was confused when he said that.

"What do you mean?" Will sighed. "I am pretty sure we both know what I mean. He should've met his dad. I'm sad he didn't." I nodded and got where he was coming from. "You can't think that way though man. If he got to meet his dad, you might've never married Natalie and now, you're having a kid!" He chuckled and smiled. "Hey, big bro needs to catch up to little bro. At least I am going to be first in one way."

I was confused. "How are you going to be first when I'm going to have a baby first?" Will smiled. "I'm going to be the first Halstead to have 2 kids." I chuckled and understood. "Well then, you won the race to give our parents grandkids. I mean, you did adopt Owen." Will nodded and smiled when we heard Antonio come upstairs. "Okay boys, need to tell you this. These drinks here..." He showed us the drinks. "...are off limits. They are for Sylvie."

Will turned to look at him. "What they for?" Antonio chuckled. "Protein shakes. She's pregnant with twins remember?" Will nodded and chuckled. "Meal replacements, got it." I smiled when Antonio walked in. "Isn't it weird that literally everybody here is pregnant. Well, except Matt and Gabby." Antonio sighed as he set the drinks down in the fridge. "That's not her fault though. We all know why she can't have kids." Antonio then stared at Will.

Will looked at him and sighed. "Let me guess, you learned about what happened during her last pregnancy and how I left something in there?" Antonio nodded. "How do you still have your medical license? I mean, don't get me wrong...I'm glad you helped her the second time around but, it just confused me." Will sighed. "It wasn't my fault. There was no baby anyways. It was an abdominal pregnancy." Antonio sighed and nodded. "Sorry."

That's when we all heard Matt walk up. "Can you all explain to me why exactly you are talking about my wife's first pregnancy in the first place?"