Krillin x Reader

This story was requested by ILoveFood749.

Key:
(YN) - your name
(EC) - eyes color

Your pov.

You angrily closed your phone. Even though you were expecting it, you didn't expect it to arrive so soon. Well, seven months later, but still too soon in your taste.

You just found out that you were going back to school after seven months spent at home. It was unbelievable. One minute, you were just in one of your online classes, and the next second, the teacher is letting you know that you are going to school on Monday.

You sighed deeply. You didn't want to get back to that hell zone. You were just good at home, no one interrupting you and no stress from the classes or exams. But now, it will be all over again.

The early waking up and the late coming home. The difficult exams at school and the depression and anxiety building up. The tears that would remain behind your eyelids. That fake smile that would be plastered on your face.

You stood up slowly, you needed fresh air. Before you walked out of your room, you checked the time. It read 2 pm. At 4 pm, your best friend Krillin was supposed to come to visit you. You should let him know, but...no, you will be back by 4.

You turned off the lights in the house, put your shoes and jacket on, and walked outside. You locked the door behind you and started walking toward the lake in the forest which was behind your house.

While walking there, you thought about all the things that happened during the seven months you were home. For example, you did well almost in every subject in school. Your grades were good, but sometimes not so good.

Another thing is that you didn't have human contact in a long time. Only after Krillin found out you were standing at home, because your school got closed, he promised to visit a few times per month.

Now would be the last time he would stop by. Of course, he would be happy that you are finally going to school again, but you didn't see it the same way.

The way you saw it is that you won't be able to spend some time at your comfort place which was the lake. Speaking of it, you smiled slightly when you saw the lake in front of you.

You unhurriedly walked toward it and sat down on the ground. You looked at the lake and saw that the sun was being reflected upon the surface. The wind that was blowing slightly was making small waves appear on the surface.

This was your comfort place. It was so peaceful and quiet. One of your favorite features about this domain was that you could share your thoughts with the environment without being judged.

Of course, you could have talked to Krillin if something happened, but you preferred the calmness of the wilderness. 

You lay down on the ground, letting all your worries drift away. You closed your (EC) eyes, allowing everything to go away.

Just when you thought you would fall asleep, you felt small ki heading your way. You did recognize the ki and you weren't surprised at all. It was Krillin who was coming to your comfort spot.

You raised your ki a bit, letting him know that you were aware of his presence. You didn't have to wait long before his ki was right beside you.

You looked up from your laying position and smiled at him: "Hey Krillin. How's it going?" He too smiled at you and lay down next to you: "I am good (YN), but tell me, why are you here, in your comfort place? Did something happen?"

You shifted a little. You looked at him. He was staring at the sky, but as soon as you made a sound to speak, he looked into your (EC) orbs. You sighed heavily and told him: "I am pretty sure you already saw the news, but it not...I am going back to school on Monday."

"And that's why you needed to come here?" You nodded at his words. He knew you too well. He was your best friend after all.

You looked up at him when he sat up. Krillin looked down at your laying form and spoke: "You know that's a good thing, right (YN)?" You nodded once again. "I know you don't want to go there, but you have to. It's for your good."

You nodded once again: "I know Krillin, but I just don't want to. I don't want the stress and pressure to come back. I still have a lot of it, even on online classes." Krillin smiled sadly at you. He knew exactly what you were talking about.

He walked in front of you and stretched his hand toward you. You smiled at him and took his hand. He helped you up and then hugged you.

You weren't expecting that. Nonetheless, you hugged him back even tighter. Krillin knew how to make you feel better. He was your best friend after all.

After a while, you both pulled away from the hug. You smiled at him and thanked him: "Thank you Krillin. You lightened up my mood significantly. And I thank you for that Krillin."

He smiled at you in return: "Well (YN), that's what best friends are for, right?"

THE END

A/N: Thanks for reading this and good you like it ILoveFood749. If not, I will rewrite it. Love you all. Bye!!