24

Raelynn pov

I woke up the next day in my old room.
You could tell I haven't been here for a while with all the young teen posters in here.
My door opens and I see my mom.
"Hi mom" I smile.
"Hi, your dad told me what happened yesterday" she said and look over at my bag that's on the floor.
"Yeah" I sigh and look down at my lap.
She sighs and walk over to me and sit down next to me.

"Honey what happened?" She asked

"Me and randy got into it and really it's my fault, I'm jealous of his baby mama slash ex wife" I huff.

She tilts her head at me and pull me close.
"Why?" She asked "because she's always gonna be there and I guess yesterday I had a Reality check that life isn't gonna go how I want it to" I shake my head.

"I don't even know why we were arguing really, I wish we were like you and dad" I look up at her.

She chuckles.
"What?, got into a relationship and when we were barely in high school and had a baby and then had another one years later?" She asked and I shake my head.

"I never really see you and dad argue" I tell her.
"Well we were always good at hiding it from you and the trips to grandma house were to keep you from hearing us" she said and I look at her wide eye.
"Really?" I ask and she nodded "your relationship isn't gonna be perfect and all sunshine and rainbows, that's what my mom told me" she said

"I guess your right but I'm not ready to go back just yet." I say "and that's ok, besides I missed you at home" she told me.
I hug her and she hugs me back tightly.

She lets go and walk out the room.
I sigh and fall back on my bed and as I do I see a new edition poster on the ceiling.
I laugh as I look at it.
My young self is funny.

I get up and get ready for the day and walk downstairs.

"Come on sense your here me and you can do father daughter workouts like we use to" my dad stops me.

I sigh and run back up the stairs to my room to change.

Without the basketball

I run back downstairs and see him waiting for me with his gym bag.
I grab my workout bottle and fill it up with water and ice.

I tie my hair up in a bun like my dads.
"You look like a mini Roman" my mom tells me with jojo in her arms.
I laugh and walk over to my dad as he kiss my mom.
"Eww!" I say loudly on purpose and chuckle.

"Mmhhh go start the car" dad told me and threw me his car keys
I nod and run out the house and to the car.

I get in and start the car and lean back in my seat waiting for my dad.
I have a big smile on my face.
I've hadn't been going to workout with my dad in so long.
He comes out and open the back door and throw his gym bag in and close the door and get in the driver seat.
"You ready" I nod and he pulls off.

He looks over at me for a second and smile "what?" I ask "just haven't hung out with my oldest daughter in a while" he said and I nod "I'm so sorry dad but work keeps me very busy" I said and he nods "I understand and I'm proud of you" he tells me.

We make it to the gym and get out.
My hair won't stay in the bun I put and I almost trip as it kept falling into my face.

My dad laughs as me as we put our stuff down once we make it inside.

I wiped my hair around but it keeps getting in my face.

"Come here" my dad laughs and I walk over to him and he grabs my hair tie and pull my hair up into a bun like his and it actually stays.
I smile up at him.
"Thanks dad" I said and he nods and walk over to the weights.
I decided to go over with him.
I start lifting and try to do more than my dad.

He noticed what I'm doing and chuckle to himself.
I stop as my dad keeps going.
"Don't stop you gotta keep trying" he told me and I huff and pick the weight back up and do a good two more.
I try and do a third one but I drop the weight.

"It's to much I don't have all that muscle like you do and almost every other man in our family" I huff.

He laughs and I stand up and walk to the treadmill and start jogging.
As I do my phone starts ringing and a picture of me and randy pops up on the screen.
I sigh and let it ring.
I will talk to him later but not right now.
"Who was that?" My dad asked "just Tony, I will call her back later" I tell him and he nods.

Time skip

We arrived back home and I'm on my dad back.
"What is going on here?" My mom chuckle as she sees us.
"Someone got lazy" my dad said and I just smile at her "mom look I got McDonald's" I said and held it up.
She nods and laugh at me.

"That's nice sweetie" she said and I hear jojo calling out for dad so I get off his back and run upstairs to my room.
I close the door and take a shower and put back on what I had on at first.
I grab my car keys and walk back downstairs.

"Where you going?" My mom asked as my dad played with Jojo.
"To Tony house" I tell her and she nods.
I walk out the house and get In my car.
I pull off.

Another time skip

I get out the car and slowly walk up the walkway I ring the doorbell and wait.

The door opens and randy is standing there.
"You said you wanted to talk so here I am" I say and he opens the door wider for me and I walk inside.