Chapter 4

Caper's POV

Telling me her story really took a lot out of her. She lets out a huge yawn, and her eyes start to droop. She lays down. "Thank you Sabina, for telling me your story. I can assure you, you're safe here. You could even make this your home if you want to." I rub her arm gently. Her skin feels kind of crusty, from probably not being able to wash herself properly while she's been on the run. "Get some rest, I'm sure you're still exhausted. I'll be here when you wake up." She smiles up at me. She's got a beautiful smile.

"Thank you Caper." She replies. Her eyes close, and her breathing evens out. I know she's almost asleep, so I decide to run my thumb gently across her cheek. As I do so, I feel tiny lightning bolts shoot up my arm again, just like when I held her hand when she asked me to stay with her. This is a new feeling for me. I've been with women before but this sensation has never happened. I've also never had such a strong feeling to protect someone before.

While Sabina is asleep, I get up for a little while. I know she's going to be out for a while. I go out of her room and look for Charli. I find her in one of the bigger rooms we use as an office. "Hey Charli, I got Sabina to give me some of her history. She's alone, her parents are dead, but she said something interesting. She said she's got a brother, that she hasn't seen in 3-4 years." She looks up at me and raises an eyebrow.

"Did she happen to say what her brothers name is, or was? This way you can look for him next time you and your team goes out on a supply run. Also the trucks came back a few hours ago, you guys hit the jackpot! Harper told me that they'll have to go back for another load." She informs me. With all the commotion with Sabina, and making sure she's ok, I had completely forgotten about my team back at the department store.

"We'll make another trip in the next few days. I want to be here for Sabina. She doesn't know anyone here. I should be the one to show her around. Also, she said her brothers name is Jonah." She looks up from the map she's looking at, with complete shock. I know she's having the same thought that I did when I heard Sabina say that name. We have a Jonah here on the base. He works in our weaponry forging blades for us. He's very talented.

The blade that Sabina had with her, sort of resembles some of the other blades Jonah has made. "Do you think Jonah, our blade smith, is the same Jonah she's referring to?" She asks, and I shrug.

"She didn't give me any details about him. She's convinced that he's dead." I sigh. Charli nods.

I decide that I'll go see Jonah after Sabina wakes up and is on her feet. I'm sure she'd like to see him as well. As I make my way back to her room I decide that once she wakes up she's probably like to shower, and put some clean clothes on. I already got the clothes from Teagan. I go back to her room again. "Hey Teagan, once Sabina, the girl we brought in, is awake do you think you'd be able to help her bathe? I'm sure she'd like be clean up before I show her around base." I ask her .

"Sure Caper, let me know when she's ready, and I'll give her a hand." She gladly replies.

I go back to Sabina's room, just in time too. She's starting to wake up. I sit back down in my chair, and patiently wait. Not long later she opens her eyes. When she sees that I'm in my chair, she smiles at me. "Hi Caper." She says in a shy quiet voice. Her voice isn't as hoarse anymore. It's soft and gentile. My heart melts when I hear her say my name.

"Hi Sabina. How are you feeling?" I scoot closer to her and hold her hand.

"Much better now thank you." She replies.

"I was wondering if you'd like to be able to take a shower? I can have my sister help you if you'd like." I gently rub my thumb against her hand. Then I get up and go to the dresser that I put the clothes that Teagan gave to me for her in. I lay them out on the bed. Then go to the radio. "Hi, can you send Teagan to Sabina's room please?" I ask through the radio.

I make my way back to Sabina and sit back down on my chair. "Caper?" She asks "I told you about myself, can you tell me about yourself?" I was surprised by her request but at the same time I should have seen it coming. She did tell me about her past. Not all of it, but it was enough to get by.

Teagan knocks on the door and let's herself in, she's holding a few towels, and a bag of who know what. I look back at Sabina "how about we continue this conversation after you get cleaned up, and we go get you something to eat. I'm sure you must be starving." With that being said, her stomach growls, loud.

"Ok, that sounds like a plan." She says with a shy smile.

"Hello Sabina, I'm Teagan, Caper's favourite sister." Teagan says enthusiastically. I rub my hand down my face, and groan in annoyance. I stand up and move closer to the bed and bring my hand out to Sabina. She looks at it, and gently places her hand in mine. Our hands fit perfectly together, like pieces of a puzzle. She slowly swings her legs over the edge of the bed. Carefully she places her bare feet on the ground.

"Are you ready?" I ask her. She nods. She grabs my other hand and together we manage to get her to stand. "Do you need me to help you get to the bathroom? Once you're in there Teagan will be able to help you." She has to look up at me, considering I'm quite a bit taller then she is. She blushes and shyly nods her head again. Man she's so cute when she's shy.

Slowly we make our way to the bathroom, where Teagan is getting everything set up. Sabina clears her throat, "Caper? Is it ok if you stay close by? I'm sorry if I sound kind of clingy. But I don't know anyone else other then you and now Teagan. I trust the two of you more then I trust anyone else right now." I smile at her and nod.

I go back to her room, where I find Charli waiting by the window. "Hey Charli, what can I do for you?" I ask her.

"Hi Caper, I wanted to come and tell you that we cleared out the room next to yours. I'm assuming you'd like to be close to her. It seems like the two of you have a real connection." I'm relieved to hear that Sabina's room will be beside mine. That room has been used for storage for quite some time.

"Thank you Charli. I feel responsible for her. But at the same time every time I touch her hand I feel small shocks. It's a strange feeling." Charli smiles at me. She then nods and walks out of the room.

Some time later I can hear the girls in the bathroom giggling, "I wonder what they are up to in there?" I think to myself. I decide to get up and knock. As I make my way to the door I hear Teagan say "You look so beautiful Sabina!"

I knock on the door, "is everything ok in there?" I ask. There's some shuffling inside then the door swings open. Teagan walks out and closes the door behind her.

"She'll be out in a few minutes. She's kind of emotional right now. Give her some time." She tells me. She gives me a quick hug, then leaves the room.

After hearing Teagan say that Sabina is having a hard time, this has me worried about her. I stand near the door just in case she needs me for something. A few minutes later I'm about to go in and make sure that she's ok, when the door opens quickly. Sabina walks out so fast that she runs strait into me. I manage to grab her arms and steady her before she falls over. After she has her balance back I finally get a good look at her. Her hair is long and the perfect shade of chestnut brown, complimenting her beautiful violet eyes.

When I notice that my mouth is gaped open, I shut it. Sabina blushes, and looks away. "You're so beautiful!" I admit out loud, before I even realize what I've said. Making her cheeks flush even more. God this girl will be the death of me!