Chapter 21

Sabina's POV

*Warning: Heavy sexual content*

Jonah is standing at the counter speaking with a cook about having knives sharpened. When he looks up and sees me, the glum look in his eyes instantly brightens. He holds up his hand to me, saying he'll be done in a minute.

After he's done with the cook, he takes the knives to the back, and comes back out to see me. "Hey Jonah." I say quietly.

"Hi Sab, how are you?" He asks me. I shrug, because I don't entirely know why I'm here. My feet kind of just walked until I arrived here.

I look at Jonah and there's concern in his eyes. Suddenly I find myself sobbing. Again I'm not entirely sure why. I throw my arms around Jonah and hug him tight. His grip on my waist is so tight but so comforting.

Ever since our fight, I needed time to think, and come to terms that Jonah never told me the truth about my family. This is the first time I've spoken to him in about a month.

After sobbing my heart out. I lean back a dry my tears with the back of my hand, "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. I wasn't planning to come here but I guess fate had other plans." I tell him. "Well now that I'm here, do you want to go get something to eat for lunch?" I ask him.

"Let me shut everything down first. I'm actually closing up early today." Jonah leads me to the back so I can watch him shut everything down. His work space is very organized. Everything has its own place. I look over at the other work station and it is in major need of cleaning and organizing

"How does the other guy work like that? You can barely see the table under all that junk." I blurt out. Jonah looks up at me and laughs. He then goes back to putting everything away, and wiping down his anvil and work bench.

"Ready to go?" He asks. I shake my head.

We walk out of the Forge when a thought occurs to me. "Hey Jonah? You know how I brought you my Katana a while ago?" He gives me an 'Mmm Hmm'. "You were just supposed to sharpen it. Is it ready to be used yet?" I ask him.

"Uhh..." he hesitates. "I put it down on the shelf that I keep all the next projects on, and I guess I forgot to get to it." He says, but I don't really believe him. I roll my eyes, it's not like I really need it right now.

We get to the Dining Hall, and sit down. Michelle comes out to us with the lunch special. It looks like some sort of pasta salad.

"Umm.. Do you think that maybe you could finish my blade soon. I'm going with Caper and his team on the next supply run." I tell him. It's a decision that I just now made.

"Yeah I'll get started on it tomorrow when I get back into work." He replies.

We continue to talk about everything that's happened over the last month. And honestly, Jonah doesn't really do much other than eat, sleep, and work. I hope he finds a girlfriend soon. I told him about how things are going with Caper and I, and that I started working in the Garden a little while ago.

After lunch we go our separate ways. I make my way to the Garden to check in with Sophia. Hopefully she doesn't mind that I went to training this morning. I may have forgotten to tell her. Oops.

"Hey Sophia, sorry I didn't come in this morning, Caper asked if I could help with training, and I forgot to let you know. If you need anything done, I can do it now." I explain to her.

"Oh it's totally ok Sabina. There actually wasn't really much to do this morning, except for a little bit of weeding, and some watering. If you're going to be doing training in the morning now, do you want to just work the afternoons then?" She asks me. God I love this girl. Her and I have become really close over the last month.