Chapter 13

Caper's POV - right after he and Jonah get in the fight

*Warning- Light smut ahead*

The look she gave me after I had knocked out her brother. I will never forget the look of disappointment in her eyes. Jonah stirs and starts to wake up. She rushes to hug him. "It's ok Sab. I'm fine" he tells her while hugging her back weakly.

Guilt, that's what I'm feeling right now. I didn't want to fight him, but after Jonah had clocked me in the cheek, I saw red. I couldn't control myself. I wanted, no, needed to defend myself. But after seeing that look in her eye after the fight, I realized that it was a HUGE mistake.

I slowly walk up to Sabina, guilt probably written all over my face. "Look Sabina, I didn't want to to end up fighting your brother. And about what happened earlier this afternoon, it won't happen again. I swear." I tell her then turn to leave.

I slowly make my way back to the Living Quarters, breathing in the cool night air. Everyone that was helping search for Sabina have now retired for the night. I find myself stopping at the Dining Hall. I look up and see that they still have the lights on.

I walk in, and trudge over to the counter. Michelle, the lady working tonight comes over to me. "Hey Caper, I heard about what happened. I think you might need this." She says handing me a bottle of beer. I pick up the brown bottle, and take a big chug of it. I set the bottle back down and nod my head to Michelle, in thanks. She turns and returns to the back. I'm the only one in here now. Left alone to be with my thoughts.

"Before we found Sabina, I literally had a different girl in my bed every other night. Not necessarily having sex with her, but definitely heavy make out sessions, and then falling asleep. When I'd wake up usually the girls would already be gone, and I just continue on with my day." I sigh, "But the moment I saw her walk out of the bathroom the other day when she was still in the hospital, my heart stopped, and I knew that I wanted to make this girl mine."

I shake my head, to clear my thoughts. I look down at my now empty beer bottle. I look around for Michelle and see her in the back. "Hey Michelle, I'm grabbing another beer!" I holler to her. She turns around to look at me and gives me a thumbs up. I get up and throw my empty bottle in the bin behind the counter, and continue to go to the fridge and grab myself another beer.

I go and sit back down in my spot. After opening the second bottle, I take a swig, and enter my thoughts again. "I understand that she knows nothing about relationships, and everything that comes along when someone is in one. (Sex, and intimacy, this what I'm talking about.) But this girl makes me want to settle down. I don't care how long it will take, but I will teach her what it means to fall in love. Because as of right now, I am unconditionally and irrevocably in love with her."

Now that I know what I'm going to do, I finish my beer, and throw it in the bin. I get up and head to the kitchen. "Michelle," I say. She turns around and looks at me with a smile on her face. "I'm heading out now. I'll see you later." I smile back to her.

"Yeah I'll see you later Caper, I hope you're feeling better now." She says and turns to continue working on a new dessert recipe. That smells heavenly if I might add. "Also can you lock up for me please." She adds.

I turn around and head out the front door, locking it behind me. I make my way to the Living Quarters, and up to my room. Passing by some teenagers in the Common Room on my way upstairs.

I get to my door, then look over to Sabina's. I decide to walk over to her door, and knock. I need to apologize to her. After knocking there's no answer so I assume she's still with Jonah. I go back to my room. I grab myself a towel. Everything else that I need to shower is already in the bathroom.