Chapter 12

Sabina's POV

I knock on the door, and it swings open. Teagan is standing on the other side of the threshold. "Can I come in?" I ask her. She's steps to the side and motions for me to come in. I walk in and take a seat in the chair in front of her desk. Her room is very similar to mine. Everything is just in the opposite direction as mine.

"What's up? Do you want something to drink?" she asks me. I nod, she walks over to a small fridge in the corner of her room, and pulls out a couple bottles of water. She opens one and hands it to me. As she's handing it to me she takes a closer look at my face. I know she can tell that something is wrong. We haven't known each other long, but it like she has this sixth sense about knowing when something is wrong.

I take a deep breath, and place to bottle on the desk. leaning over I place my elbows on my knees, and rest my head in my hands. There is so much going on in my head, between the feeling that I get whenever I'm near Caper, and now the news that Jonah told me. About my parents not actually being my parents.

I feel the dam burst. Tears are rolling down my cheeks in waves, as my emotions let themselves loose. Teagan kneels down on the floor in front of me and places her hands on my knees. "You can tell me everything you know. I know that a lot has happened over the last couple of days." She tells me.

I sniffle and look up to her. She brings her hands up to my face, and she wipes the tears away with her thumbs. I take a deep breath to try to regulate my breathing and palpitating heart.

"Everything that has happened in the past couple days is finally catching up with me. Finally finding civilization, after surviving on my own for so long. Thinking that my brother was dead only to find out that he's probably been here this entire time. Finding out that my brother isn't actually my brother, and neither are the parents that raised me." I explain. Teagan stands up and grabs the bottle of water from the desk. She walks over to her bed pulls back the covers and sits down. She motions for me to join her, so I get up and slowly move towards her.

I sit down at the edge of the bed and take off my shoes. Then lay down beside her, facing the roof. Teagan is propped up on her arm, ready to continue listening to me rant.

I rub my eyes, and continue. "To top it all off these strange feelings that I get whenever Caper is near me. My face heats up and goes red, I get a fluttery feeling in the pit of my stomach, and the tiny shocks I get whenever he touches, or brushes up against me. And that kiss! I know enough about kissing because my mom and dad used to kiss each other. It's the feeling I got when Caper kissed me that has me totally freaked out!" I can feel my face heat up just talking about this, even to Teagan.

"It was like all of the sensations I get when I'm near him decide to come together all at the same time!" I groan. I look over to Teagan, and find that she's just staring at me with a huge grin on her face. "Why do you have that huge grin on your face? I'm glad that my misery intrigues you." I say sarcastically as I roll my eyes.

She sits up completely, and turns towards me. I look into her eyes and see a mischievous twinkle in her eyes. I know this look, Jonah used to have this look when he was a kid. Usually before he'd do something that would get him or me in trouble.

"I know exactly what these feelings are that you're having Sabina. Now I need you to just hear me out." She tells me. I sit up and lean against the bed frame. Ready to hear what she has to say.

"Ok so the blushing is completely normal when you see someone that you're attracted to. That's when you feel your face heat up, and it turns red. The fluttery feeling, and the tiny shocks, is another way your body is telling you that you're attracted to my brother. And finally, the kiss... WHEN DID YOU KISS MY BROTHER!?" she yells.