Chapter 23

Caper's POV

*Warning: Sexual content*

It's been two weeks since I made love with Sabina. Ever since she's been coming with me to training in the morning, then going to work for the afternoon. After work she'd meet me for dinner at the Dining Hall. Then we'd go back home for the evening, or we'd make a quick trip to our beach, before going home.

Sabina still uses her room, but for the most part we're in my room, getting up to no good.

I've been working with Charli to finalize the plans for the supply run. Sabina agreed to join us as long as she's part of my team. That part was nonnegotiable. I don't want her out of my sight. Each of the most experienced members of the whole unit is in charge of a smaller team. Each team is the size of a truck, and SUV full to capacity. All the vehicles are equipped with working radios, first aid, and the necessary weapons everyone will need. We'll also be bringing quite a few empty vehicles, so that we can pick up survivors along the way.

The plan for the actual run is to head South. We're going to stop in the towns along the way, but the goal is to make it to the big cities, San Francisco, Sacramento, and San Jose. From there we'll probably spend a couple days in each city scavenging through everything.

There's a risk doing this, because we haven't been there before. We don't know what the population of walkers is. The cities could be completely overrun, or almost deserted.

Today we're finalizing the teams, and the overall plan. The rest of the group is outside training with Sabina. She has really been drilling them lately. Probably because she doesn't want anyone to be stuck in a vulnerable position out there.

"So Charli, now that we have everything ready for the trip, I'm going to go out to the team and get them to load up the trucks so that we can head out tomorrow morning. Michelle should also have stuff made up for us that should last a few days in the coolers. There's also going to be a designated truck for the camping supplies. Is there anything else we're missing?" I ask as I fill her in.

"No, just make sure you have enough ammo for the guns, and enough extra blankets too. It may be warm during the day, but nights are going to be cool. Not everyone has a significant other to help keep them warm at night." She says to me with a wink. I can't help but blush a little bit at her last comment.

Since Sabina and I will be riding together in the same truck, her and I will also be camping out together. We'll also be leading the main team, Team Alpha. The rest of the teams are named after the NATO Phonetic Alphabet.

With everything now finalized, I walk out of Charli's office, and make my way to the training ground. I walk over to Sabina's side, and pull her in for a hug. She wraps her arms around my torso. I lean down and place a quick kiss to the top of her head.

She lets go of me and turns back to face everyone. "Hows everything looking now, compared to 2 weeks ago?" I ask her.

"Everyone is doing much much better now that we've eliminated the weaker recruits. I've split everyone into their teams. So what you see now, is how each team will look. I think they're all ready to head out tomorrow morning." She informs me. I nod my head.

I walk over to the middle of the field, with Sabina following close behind me. "Alright! Everyone come around here please!" I yell out with my voice full of authority. "Good job with training these past couple of weeks. Now we need to start loading up the trucks, because we're heading out early tomorrow morning. This way we can get to our first stop sooner." I inform the team.

"We'll also be slowing down and blaring the horns through the smaller towns we pass through. This way if there are any survivors they will know where to find us. The only problem with this, is it will also attract walkers. Everyone needs to be on the look out for any kind of movement while we're out there!" Sabina adds. Her voice also full of authority.